Bargains someone should buy. (4 Viewers)

that IS a bargain.
there's a >50% chance all thats wrong is either a dirty switch or the jack needs resoldering.
after that mayber a dirty pot.

If you wanted to be lazy You can buy the OEM epi pickups and wiring harness as a set on ali - for a 'like for like' repair even

yep, my BIL recently picked up an epi es335 in great nick for i think €150 because the electronics were shot. all he had to do was rapidly activate the pickup selector switch for about a minute, it was just corrosion on the contacts.

also, i think he has a drawer full of spares, so if something does need replacing, he may have it anyway.

yep, my BIL recently picked up an epi es335 in great nick for i think €150 because the electronics were shot. all he had to do was rapidly activate the pickup selector switch for about a minute, it was just corrosion on the contacts.

also, i think he has a drawer full of spares, so if something does need replacing, he may have it anyway.

aye - I'd have both the tip switch and strap button if you're short!

heh, cheers. just picked it up; nice and clean, and as he mentioned the sound is glitchy; but the jack plug has an obvious bit of wobble, so may just be a bit of solder.

you either get sound or very pronounced noise.

on further inspection, after opening it up, i think there's simply too much play inside the socket for the jack plug to make good contact. the tip seems to make a decent enough connection with the tip arm, but i suspect there's no a good connection inside the sleeve.
also, one of the volume pots is gone. works from silent to about halfway to full volume, and seems to cut out.

Last edited:
on further inspection, after opening it up, i think there's simply too much play inside the socket for the jack plug to make good contact. the tip seems to make a decent enough connection with the tip arm, but i suspect there's no a good connection inside the sleeve.
also, one of the volume pots is gone. works from silent to about halfway to full volume, and seems to cut out.

easy fixes.
let me know if you need any bits, and I'd be happy to fix it up for you either

Same price but yeah shipping. point taken - Save a few quid for what is essentially brand new. Thought they were made in the UK for some reason. Seems to be about the going rate-ish.
Wasn't making any points. I'm scared to look at the prices but presumed you'd know them. Think I've settled on SGs with pickup swaps for my guitar needs.

scary for sure..

I think his necks are probably the best on the market. Chris from Slomatics has one that's great. Ernesto has a TTIdes neck that's made in Europe that's super nice too. I'd definitely be choosing between them two if I was after an aluminium neck for guitar. Have a look at the Robot Graves full guitars, objects of pure beauty IMHO.

In comparison I have a Kramer bass that I got for 450 and upgraded a pickup for around 150. But I don't play it much atm.

I think his necks are probably the best on the market. Chris from Slomatics has one that's great. Ernesto has a TTIdes neck that's made in Europe that's super nice too. I'd definitely be choosing between them two if I was after an aluminium neck for guitar. Have a look at the Robot Graves full guitars, objects of pure beauty IMHO.

In comparison I have a Kramer bass that I got for 450 and upgraded a pickup for around 150. But I don't play it much atm.

yeah, they've cool looking stuff alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back