Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Think it does - if you click the image it gives you the option to download it at the top right hand corner :)

anne applebaum, ugh

even if everything in her twitter article is amazing, she’s an awful liberal-interventionist lunatic that will get us all into a nuclear war

Last edited:
not trying to give you a hard time here, @YoungHearts — just applebaum is a truly awful person

I’d be curious if you think something like Exiting the Vampire Castle is also on your wavelength about this stuff?

not trying to give you a hard time here, @YoungHearts — just applebaum is a truly awful person

I’d be curious if you think something like Exiting the Vampire Castle is also on your wavelength about this stuff?

Don't worry about me - I won't take a hard time on Thumped! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion :) I like Applebaum - I came to her work years ago, I was reading one of her books on Stalin - she's fairly well placed to identify patterns of totalitarianism I thought - which is why I find the essay interesting - and it's not a Twitter essay as such - I quite like The Atlantic - where the piece was published in October 2021. I haven't come across the piece you referenced - I will read that soon - it looks interesting!

And now I see it's by Mark Fisher (RIP) - who I have lots of respect for - and have drifted in and out of liking some pieces by him and not so much others - so I am eager to read this!

Bit of an over reaction there me thinks.
I disagree. Especially with those posts going around of someone overhearing the shop’s “emergency meeting” in a cafe where the others in the shop were pushing to put out a statement but not apologise. I’d be looking to get out if it was me and I’d like it to be known that I wasn’t a bigot too.

I disagree. Especially with those posts going around of someone overhearing the shop’s “emergency meeting” in a cafe where the others in the shop were pushing to put out a statement but not apologise. I’d be looking to get out if it was me and I’d like it to be known that I wasn’t a bigot too.

Okay, maybe whoever did the liking or whatever it was should go. But if the buyer had nothing to do with it, it's not his fault.....but it's his choice I suppose.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe whoever did the liking or whatever it was should go. But if the buyer had nothing to do with it, it's not his fault.....but it's his choice I suppose.
Presumably it’s the owner or at least being supported by the owner if the statement is that weak. Not a good place to stay in if you don’t want to be tarred with that brush.

Ah here. I'm pure sound and have been dead wrong about pretty much everything approx 1 zillion times. Is it inconceivable that she's a bad person, but right?

yeah that was my point, more or less... her twitter article might be amazing, might not. it’s culture-war stuff. doesn’t change the fact that on almost any other real material question, she’s awful

God save the migrants and God save Gary Lineker.
Fuck the UK right wing media.

Lineker is perhaps the most universally popular figure in English football and should get a lot of support this weekend at matches.
Sad this is getting far more attention than people drowning in the channel.

When do Truss, Johnson, Braverman, Patel, Rees-Mogg, Kwarteng and all those other fuckers apologise?

FUCK THE TORIES.

God save the migrants and God save Gary Lineker.
Fuck the UK right wing media.

Lineker is perhaps the most universally popular figure in English football and should get a lot of support this weekend at matches.
Sad this is getting far more attention than people drowning in the channel.

When do Truss, Johnson, Braverman, Patel, Rees-Mogg, Kwarteng and all those other fuckers apologise?

FUCK THE TORIES.
I hate footballers and football punditry even more and even I like Lineker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back