Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

Minor disappointment: I A/Bed the remix I did with the released version and I got my ass handed to me as they say. Pros be pros for a reason. Now I feel even dumber for my endless "turn down the vocals" notes.

Minor disappointment: I A/Bed the remix I did with the released version and I got my ass handed to me as they say. Pros be pros for a reason. Now I feel even dumber for my endless "turn down the vocals" notes.
I fucking hate that in bands when lads are trying to bury the vocals. And the bass player complaining he can't hear the bass and the drummer going needs more kick.

FUCK OFF LADS. Never again.

I always want the vocal 4 db louder than everything else..AT LEAST!

It IS the song FFS!

I fucking hate that in bands when lads are trying to bury the vocals. And the bass player complaining he can't hear the bass and the drummer going needs more kick.

FUCK OFF LADS. Never again.

I always want the vocal 4 db louder than everything else..AT LEAST!

It IS the song FFS!
I agree with that now. I didn't in 2007.

I'm trying to heat up a calzone but the oven is not working. So I'm using the grill as an oven and keeping a close eye on it.

Young new housemate who seems to a chef type guy, say's "that should be fine, or (jokingly) you could boil it"
Other young flatmate: is that actually a thing?
"Yeah, that's what they do in Sicily"
"Really?"

Boiled calzone? No mate, we're taking the piss. Really.

Putting finishing touches on an ep and had no lyrics for one great tune, which was going on instrumental.. but just decided to try improvise some lyrics and did the whole song in one take and it fucking slaps and I'm chuffed

What a great mornings work

Just dedicated an afternoon for the first time in a couple of decades to wandering around the national gallery. Forgot just how much stuff there is there. Some of the portraits in the portrait competition section are superb.

Also noteworthy how murky many of the paintings are. Do I remember that there is or was someone on thumped whose partner is an art restorer?

I had to go traveling there, and picked up a book in the airport: Small Things Like These, by Claire Keegan.

It was an enjoyable read, I liked it. I need to start reading more fiction, on paper.

That book was really only a short story. Well-written, but the protagonist never had to face the consequences of his actions.
I'm borderline illiterate and I've been reading papers, and manuals, and documentation for so long I need to ease myself back into things. Like I'm not so illererate that I think Barbara Kingsolver is acceptable, but I'm lacking and I know it.

I thought it was really well written, I liked the English. It's short, but sometimes you read things that are short more carefully. The Painted Bird, and A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich are short, but they're both amazing books. (I'm not recommending anyone reads Painted Bird.)

But yeah, he doesn't face the consequences. You know there'll be consequences, thousands of grinding, petty, shit consequences. She uses the word "legitimately" (again, noticing and reading every word because it's so well written) to describe his belief that he might not be completely fucked. I focused on that word, he *legitimately* believed he might not be fucked. So I feel she hints at pain, but survival.

Anyway, I think the main thing for me was the paper bit. Reading books, on paper. I'd fallen out of this, and it was quite nice to go back to it.

What's wrong with Barbara Kingsolver? I just finished one of her books (Demon Copperhead) and it was really good
I dunno, I read Poisonwood Bible and Prodigal Summer, and found them to be massively condescending and clumsy. There's this preaching, American Liberal ethos, that she hammers away with. I can't deal with it.

So her, and Ken Follet, went on my extremely popular authors who I think aren't very good. Ken Follet is worse in fairness. She just popped into mind.

I'm listening to soundgarden superunknown for the first time in about 25 years.

Brings me back to a particular memory of being an unhappy teenager, walking around in the snow in an oversized east german navy greatcoat, listen to a poor quality recording of this on a cheap aiwa walkman.

I'm listening to soundgarden superunknown for the first time in about 25 years.

Brings me back to a particular memory of being an unhappy teenager, walking around in the snow in an oversized east german navy greatcoat, listen to a poor quality recording of this on a cheap aiwa walkman.
Never had it so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back