Your work situation (8 Viewers)

Healthy Stable Livability
Disturbing that my autocorrect quickly went to the word "Livability", it doesn't actually make sense as a word.

Fair play. I have done similar and it is very rewarding work.

Where do you get the wainscot material?

I had a devil of a time trying to source it in Dublin about 10 years ago
Trade secret.

I get sheets of mdf ripped by a furniture factory

Sorry to hear that you got laid off again, but delighted to hear it means you are getting out of a really shitty situation

Best of luck with it.

If you are carrying out AP work you should be on an acting up allowance (as we call it). It is not reasonable to ask you to take on extra tasks above your grade without compensating you.

I also handed in my notice - yesterday - I finish up on Tuesday.
thanks Squigs. I'm interviewing for a lovely tech crowd down your way. So far so good. hopefully it will work out.

My AP (2 grandes above me) has been out sick a little over 5 months now. We have someone giving us a bit of a hand but I’m doing close to half the work, as well as my own. Getting a bit sick of it at this stage and all the “You’re doing a great job!” aren’t exactly making the work any easier. Some of the work is fairly high profile, so any mistakes can become a big deal really quickly. I never wanted to be someone that says “I don’t get paid enough for this” but I definitely don’t.

Saying that, someone I massively respect (and want to be like when I finally grow up) spoke to people about me and said I’m wasted in the civil service and should be doing what she does, so that’s keeping me going this week.
You should be getting acting up as @Squiggle says but your current experience as shit as it's feeling now is great fodder for interview examples in the future I'd suggest writing down what you're doing at the minute while it's fresh, will help massively with future applications if you decide to stay with the CS.

You should be getting acting up as @Squiggle says but your current experience as shit as it's feeling now is great fodder for interview examples in the future I'd suggest writing down what you're doing at the minute while it's fresh, will help massively with future applications if you decide to stay with the CS.
thats kinda my experience from my most recent job. Like it was really fucking toxic but it has me feeling that there's nothing I can't handle out there now. And I need to be more careful about jumping two-footed into my next job and need to make sure I won't be working with a bunch of cunts, like in the last job (not all of them were cunts but enough to matter)

I have 3 job interviews today and another tomorrow and I'm at the stage where I've lashed in applications for so many jobs that I haven't a clue what jobs I'm even interviewing for!
I was in a similar situation once, and when they asked "why do you want this job" I realised that I hadn't a clue what they even did. Needless to say I didn't get that particular one

A Turkish woman in my job has taken some leave to go home for a while after the earthquake, in which she lost a load of relations including her dad and brother. Pretty fucking grim

I slag off my very right-on workplace a fair bit, but in fairness to my workmates one of them started a gofundme for her, and it's raised over 10 grand

I have 3 job interviews today and another tomorrow and I'm at the stage where I've lashed in applications for so many jobs that I haven't a clue what jobs I'm even interviewing for!
2 down, 1 to go.

so far a yes from me and no from me. Though no idea if I'm a yes for them or not.

Last one at 7

Can't get a job up here so I'm going to have to go to dublin to work. At least for a while anyway. Old job are only delighted to get me back which is kind of nice

had a chat with the old boss. going to do a 4 day week (mon-thurs) for the same money i was on when i left last year. 2 days in Dublin, 2 days in Donegal.
which is graaaaaand.

And now I am unemployed... pretty good last day though... they got in cake and cookies and there were a lot of people in to say goodbye. Posh lunch with my team on the company too. Feels weird, but I haven't smiled as much on the bus home since we went back into the office, so good weird. I will miss almost all of the gang, but the AO who made my life hell for the past year and a half... sorry to shock anyone, but they can burn in the fire they started for all I care, as long as they don't take any of my team with them.

And now I am unemployed... pretty good last day though... they got in cake and cookies and there were a lot of people in to say goodbye. Posh lunch with my team on the company too. Feels weird, but I haven't smiled as much on the bus home since we went back into the office, so good weird. I will miss almost all of the gang, but the AO who made my life hell for the past year and a half... sorry to shock anyone, but they can burn in the fire they started for all I care, as long as they don't take any of my team with them.
good stuff. We share an unemployment day. I'm officially unemployed from today too after my notice period ended yesterday. Onwards and upwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back