What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Once, when I was in A Dark Place mentally, a friend let me house sit for her, and it included pirated GOT. She was trying to help.
So I sat there for a few days, broke, cold, hungry, but somehow always drunk, watching S4 and S5.

When I cleaned my shit up later, I had to rewatch the whole thing. Twice.

I think I need to rewatch it again. Was it actually any good or was it all just tits and swords?

Once, when I was in A Dark Place mentally, a friend let me house sit for her, and it included pirated GOT. She was trying to help.
So I sat there for a few days, broke, cold, hungry, but somehow always drunk, watching S4 and S5.

I think I need to rewatch it again. Was it actually any good or was it all just tits and swords?

Was watchable while Robson/Jerome and Peter Dinklage, and The Hound and Arya were teamed up and then went to shit after that.

The owl service,
On YouTube. Originally aired 1969 into 1970. I've seen this mentioned on folk horror lists. Old legions, family secrets and strange going ons in an old house in the Welsh countryside. Not bad. It's very slow moving but looks good (shot on film) I liked the atmosphere & the one playing Alison (Gillian Hills) is gorgeous.

Last edited:
The owl service,
On YouTube. Originally aired 1969 into 1970. I've seen this mentioned on folk horror lists. Old legions, family secrets and strange going ons in an old house in the Welsh countryside. Not bad. It's very slow moving but looks good (shot on film) I liked the atmosphere & the one playing Alison (Gillian Hills) is gorgeous.
Love, love the book, the author is one of the most interesting (albeit inconsistent) English authors of the past 50 years imho, and he was heavily involved with making that adaptation, and I still found it almost unwatchable! Probably too slow moving for me, would you say I should go back and try again?

It has a voice over thing that reminds you what happened in the previous episode and when things start getting a bit out-of-the-ordinary I found that most of what was explained by the voice had gone totally over my head.

Its all based on part of the Welsh saga thing, Mabinogion, specifically the Blodeuwedd character, which I have to admit I haven't read, never mind reading it in the original Welsh.

Blodeuwedd - Wikipedia

The ending is weird in the book, I'm iffy about what it's saying, something about education saving stupid rural idiots who are stuck in their stupid rural life cycles. It doesn't sit right with his other stuff, which is incredibly ambivalent, if not downright hostile, to formal education. I should read the Mabinogion... I'm probably wrong about the message.

Last edited:
Love, love the book, the author is one of the most interesting (albeit inconsistent) English authors of the past 50 years imho, and he was heavily involved with making that adaptation, and I still found it almost unwatchable! Probably too slow moving for me, would you say I should go back and try again?

Maybe....if there's another lockdown.

There's a few dragons as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back