Air Fryer (1 Viewer)

How is rice easier than in a pot? The others I can see but rice is pretty much at the limits of fundamentally easy.
I dunno how you do it, man

This is pour rice and water/stock into the pot, press a button and wait for the beep; perfect fluffy rice, top to bottom

Maybe you don’t need this at all

Sounds like you have your rice game down tight

I dunno how you do it, man

This is pour rice and water/stock into the pot, press a button and wait for the beep; perfect fluffy rice, top to bottom

Maybe you don’t need this at all

Sounds like you have your rice game down tight
1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice, bring to boil, put a lid on and drop heat to lowest setting for 8 minutes. Leave in the pot until you're ready to serve. Works for any kind of rice. Yours sounds simpler in that you don't have to keep an eye on it to boil and then turn it down.

I've never heard it described so clearly before.

Would you start with cold water?
Yep. And it works no matter what the volume of rice you're cooking. I did enough for the five of us for dinner last night and have two lunches on top of it. Oh and I forgot to mention, there is no straining excess water or anything at the end.

One thing to bear in mind, I use gas so the drop in heat when it boils is instantaneous. You'd need to think about that for an electric hob - maybe move it to another ring and put it on low?

1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice, bring to boil, put a lid on and drop heat to lowest setting for 8 minutes. Leave in the pot until you're ready to serve. Works for any kind of rice. Yours sounds simpler in that you don't have to keep an eye on it to boil and then turn it down.
Good system

I have had my share of fails with using a pot

Gave myself a pass when I was told no one in Japan uses a pot, they all use rice cookers
And a Korean friend told me she wouldn't even know how to make rice in a pot (which I suspect to be a kind lie)
Haven't used my rice cooker since I got this other yoke

I love potatoes - chips, roasties, mash, boiled, all good. I’m a hobbit, plenty of opportunities for all foods with the number meals I have.

What's the difference between an air fryer and a fan oven turned on high anyway?

Also, to add to the great rice debate:
I had a rice cooker in the US, because bourgeoisie (obvs).
I've got a pot in Ireland (so as to blend more effortlessly with the local impoverished luddites that occupy every corner of this country, smoking their cigarettes, breeding like rabbits. drinking themselves into oblivion to dull the pain of their own existence).

Pros: rice cooker is a bit handier, you don't have to turn it down, plays a nice happy pingy type choon upon cooking rice.

Cons: can't really get that crunchy bottom layer on the base of the pot that the kids like.

What's the difference between an air fryer and a fan oven turned on high anyway?

Also, to add to the great rice debate:
I had a rice cooker in the US, because bourgeoisie (obvs).
I've got a pot in Ireland (so as to blend more effortlessly with the local impoverished luddites that occupy every corner of this country, smoking their cigarettes, breeding like rabbits. drinking themselves into oblivion to dull the pain of their own existence).

Pros: rice cooker is a bit handier, you don't have to turn it down, plays a nice happy pingy type choon upon cooking rice.

Cons: can't really get that crunchy bottom layer on the base of the pot that the kids like.

Yeah, an air fryer is basically a small portable convection oven
I'm pretty sure (but not certain!) that this will do essentially the same job as an air fryer (and more)
Amazon product ASIN B0889912VQ

The other good thing about a decent rice cooker or pressure cooker is the timer - i put my frozen stock and rice and curry powder in there on my way out the door and time it so it's ready when I come home at lunch or after work. Super handy and satisfying. Almost zero effort.

You can avoid the crunchy bit at the bottom of the pot by bringing rice and water to a boil, putting a lid on and drop heat to lowest setting for 8 minutes. I read it on the internet :-D

Yeah, an air fryer is basically a small portable convection oven
I'm pretty sure (but not certain!) that this will do essentially the same job as an air fryer (and more)
Amazon product ASIN B0889912VQ

The other good thing about a decent rice cooker or pressure cooker is the timer - i put my frozen stock and rice and curry powder in there on my way out the door and time it so it's ready when I come home at lunch or after work. Super handy and satisfying. Almost zero effort.

You can avoid the crunchy bit at the bottom of the pot by bringing rice and water to a boil, putting a lid on and drop heat to lowest setting for 8 minutes. I read it on the internet :-D
Someone in my family, who likes the kitchen and knows how to use stuff got one of those and it was in flames on day one. I don't think they did anything wildly wrong

Someone in my family, who likes the kitchen and knows how to use stuff got one of those and it was in flames on day one. I don't think they did anything wildly wrong
oh my
it literally fried the air

i have something similar - gulp

We're on the lookout for a new one. Last one just had an odd and untimely demise. Any recommendations? Ta
And now I think the replacement is broken. The blade behind the heating element is loose and wobbling around. No idea how to remove the heating element, without doing way,way more damage. Damnit.

And now I think the replacement is broken. The blade behind the heating element is loose and wobbling around. No idea how to remove the heating element, without doing way,way more damage. Damnit.
I’ve had to fix that on ours a couple of times, when the fan started making a really loud grinding noise. Just needed a screw tightened.

You didn't get a man in? ???
I can operate a screwdriver

edit: if i remember correctly the first time it happened i took out the heating element (three screws) to get at the fan, but i didn't actually need to do that - there's a nut that holds the fan in place that can be tightened without taking the element out at all, and i've had to do that a couple of times over its lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back