What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Dallas - J.R. died.
Not sure that's true actually

Anyways
Everyone (three people) is telling me to watch SAS Rogue Heroes, like it's the best thing on TV
But I am not sure I can watch anything where the SAS are the heroes, can I?
[Carrie Bradshaw voice] Or maybe, I just need to let the past go?

Not sure that's true actually

Anyways
Everyone (three people) is telling me to watch SAS Rogue Heroes, like it's the best thing on TV
But I am not sure I can watch anything where the SAS are the heroes, can I?
[Carrie Bradshaw voice] Or maybe, I just need to let the past go?

It's a smashingly good tale of derring do and all that my good man. There's enough Irish in it to just about keep your hackles below boiling point. My norn iron colleague's grandparents actually knew Paddy Fucking Maine. And indeed, he was a wild one.

It's a lot smarter than say a Jason Statham movie, but with all the boom bang dudes with guns are cool stuff.

It's good craic. Of course they're cunts, but they're killing Nazi's. So grand. It's not that long. There's enough stuff that is nearly actually true that you'd be inclined to go to Wikipedia and check.

Quite like early Peaky Blinders. Very similar formula. I thought it worked.

watched a few documentaries
Simon Schama's The History of Now. 3 parts. here's the whole three hours:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

reflections on what Orwell, MLK, Chaplin, Pussy Riot, Pasternak, Plastic People of the Universe, Charta 77,
Atwood, Rachel Carson, Greer v Mailer etc. have to say about the dystopian state of contemporary world.
Ayn Rand is given a lot of coverage as Schama easily dismantles her nonsense and looks back at where it took America.

Left Over Women documentary.
the stories of three women from Beijing tell of the pressure on women there to get married by their 30's.
a radio presenter (28), a lawyer (34) and a professor of media studies (36).
they all have very different outcomes.

being an only child, attitudes to women, dating culture / match making, parental / family pressure are all examined. and in one case parents being insanely dismissive and perfectionist about all of their daughter's potential partners.

Just finished The guardians of justice. It was odd, very dark (tonally) but very bright (visually) . Short show, only eight episodes. Definitely worth a watch if you like the darker end of super hero stories. And like crossing live action with animation.

Ellie and Natasia. Sketch show with Ellie White and Natasia Demetriou. Really good. These two are fucking gas.

People Just Do Nothing. Mockumentary about a group of incompentent pirate Drum and Bass and Garage DJs from Brentford. Brilliant stuff.

Two episodes into Treason on Netflix which is about the deputy head of MI6 and his murky past. There are only five episodes but I don't think I can be arsed finishing it. It's dumb and lacking any redeeming features.

If you need some spy tv then something like Slow Horses is way better.

So all my bellyaching about not being able to watch something about the SAS, I started watching The Recruit on Netflix - about some youngfella in the CIA
And I liked it
Watched the whole damn thing in fact

It's made by Noah Hawley's twin brother. The guy knows what he's doing.

Finished The Bear in one go. I loved ever second but it was intense and I had to get some antacids half way through from the stress of it.

The new Willow tv show is 5/10 so far. I found it pretty predictable, apart from how the dressed Willow up as a pregnant lesbian in the flash back scenes.

I’m only on episode 2 of SAS rough hero’s and enjoying it so far. Feels like a war themed heist show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back