The Russian invasion of Ukraine (5 Viewers)

Very much seems so
We gotta be careful not to gather all these bits of information and accumulate them with confirmation bias

But there are a LOT of these bits of information about how he's insulated himself from teh facts on the ground and other macro realities, and he's off on his own messianic narrative.
If we were hearing this from his enemies, it's one thing. But there seems to be rakes of attribution to people who are ostensibly on his side, or at east very pro-Russia.

It's not that unusual a situation. Stalin, Hitler and so on.
BUt look at the Bush govt before Iraq - only one narrative was allowed around Bush by Cheney, everything else was fucked out.
Look at all those bankers who almost torpedoed the world economy in 2008. I mean there are probably countless examples I'm too tired to think of.

Almost everyone with great power is susceptible to this, until eventually you hit an iceberg and you're scrambling for lifeboats.

Sorry, that was a very long 'yes'

This guys rise is an interesting side story to current events.. how Wagner is interlinked with both russias military and economic interests etc.

I kinda periodically try and find some non-Russian, non-Western reports on the news, which is where I came across this report of “credible allegations” of summary executions of the 175 Russian prisoners held by Kyiv’s forces, among other abuses. and of course similar credible allegations against Russia, although I knew about them

don't love a war, anyone got any updates on an end to it? :(
Ukraines are just as capable of this shit for sure

Must be difficult to keep a cap on the righteous anger they are feeling
Still no excuse for execution or torture

Been thinking about this a bit recently, how do you go from giving your everything, leaving your loved ones, sacrificing all you have to try and stop this existential threat, and you're trying to kill these guys that have butchered and pillaged and raped and wrought wholesale destruction on your country.
But then when they stick their hands up, you gotta get them a bed for the night.
It's the right thing to do, but fuck me that's a handbrake of a turn.

Maybe I'd have to live it to understand it.

This guys rise is an interesting side story to current events.. how Wagner is interlinked with both russias military and economic interests etc.
That was among the most interesting things for me in that NYT article
They talked to one Wagner guy and tracked his experience from prison recruitment to recapture

And also showing Prigozhin's rise in Putin's orbit/esteem etc
The more the regular army fails, the more likely VV is gonna trust these guys
And Russia edges even farther into being a mafia thug state

There is no good news to be had

Attachments

• Pages fromWagner Pages - How Putin’s War in Ukraine Became a Catastrophe for Russia - The New...pdf
    311.5 KB · Views: 8
That was among the most interesting things for me in that NYT article
They talked to one Wagner guy and tracked his experience from prison recruitment to recapture

And also showing Prigozhin's rise in Putin's orbit/esteem etc
The more the regular army fails, the more likely VV is gonna trust these guys
And Russia edges even farther into being a mafia thug state

There is no good news to be had
Yeah - it’s real state within a state shit

i don't know who this guy is, just saw it posted on twitter, but an interesting read - he delves into the supply of arms into crime to an extent here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jesus that's something alright.

It hadn't really occurred to me before but Putin getting offed will probably end up being a Gaddafi style situation.

Jesus that's something alright.

It hadn't really occurred to me before but Putin getting offed will probably end up being a Gaddafi style situation.

Bigtime. If Wagner continues to grow in influence I’d say there’s a real possibility of a civil war type fun and games on top of general chaos. Nothing like a billionaire with a private army…

Story from an English reporter embedded with an improvised Ukrainian unit

Tough enough read

Attachments

• WSJ - The Bravery and the Recklessness of Ukraine’s Improvised Army.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 10

Russia has some really bad plastic surgeons.

They do have some wildly adventurous/terrified set designers though.

The stuff they do is genuinely impressive. It could be a great export industry for them, but, y'know, war and that.

North Korea vibe if you ask me

these pricks again...

Yeah, dispiriting
I actually didn't know Bakhmut was about resources
This is how they do though

They have taken over the natural resources of the Central African Republic and rule by the gun there also

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back