Fuck Religion (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 97K
  • Watchers 12
Anyway, poor Rushdie, what a horrible thing. You can get a billion depictions of Mohammed with a google image search now, fatwas for all.

Plus Rushdie has had about 25 years to take Krav Maga classes.
I guess he didn't like having two eyes all that much, huh?

A fatwa is a bit more than a threat. It makes it the duty of believers to kill Rushdie. A man who wrote a book.
Khomeini executed heck knows how many people without trial, and a good deal of homosexuals, drug addicts and adulterers in decency trials. Not the world's best dude alright.
Iran is by all accounts a nice place with lovely friendly people (mostly young) and they are sick of the government who are hypocrites.
heroin is a big very open problem and it's easy to get alcohol.

as a kid in the 80's Khomeini was the ultimate boogeyman for the west (sorry Gadaffi).
I was fascinated with him.
a broad coalition overthrew the Shah but after Khomeini came back from exile he took over the revolution extremely quickly and the leftists were squeezed out of the picture completely.
his funeral was intense it was full on for 40 days.

Iran had it's fair share of hippies in the 70's and Iranian psych music gets mentioned on thumped.

Samira Ahmed did a three part brilliant doc series on Iranian art and culture for BBC4 called Art of Persia in 2020.
she used historical sites, art, literature from Cyrus the great to the early 20th century to tell the story of Iran. Seeing a British Indian woman smiling non stop as she had the time of life in Iran meeting lots of lovely folks will stay with me for a long time. classic early pandemic era TV.

Yeah, Iranians are wonderful people
I have worked with a few
They have been failed by leaders and regimes almost continuously
The Ayatollah had any leftist of significance executed in 1988, among thousands of others

They're still jailing filmmakers over there
Lovely people, but a shitshow of a regime if you're the type of Iranian who likes art

But that's religion for you
Run by cunts

one of the cutest things I ever saw in Iran was a British camera crew turning up at a smallish hardline fundamentalist protest in Tehran. they were shouting death to the USA stuff and the women's dress was fully covered except for face and hands.
the crew decided to try and interview some people. so they spoke to a teenage girl and her friends. she spoke excellent English. they asked her what she was chanting and why - anti western stuff and the UK was mentioned.
then she asked where they were from?
When they said 'Britain' she and her friends awkwardly didn't know what to say. When confronted with real enemy folks, they didn't have the heart to be nasty to them.

EDIT: fixed a few typos

1990 Pakistani film International Guerillas in which 'Salman Rushdie' is the baddie!
awesome popular exploitation movie - all 2 hours 46 mins of it. - these folks were REALLY brave and had a very OTT sense of humor.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

apart from the film quality, this is amazing in nearly every way -
crazy plot, dialogue, OTT acting, awesome special effects (esp. a very psychedelic divine intervention death at the end), more spectacular deaths than I can remember, some dance scenes and lots of cool music including some rockin stuff at the start.
i haven't had time to watch the whole thing but I will shortly.

Salman Rushdie called it ''incompetent piece of trash'' but objected to it being banned in the UK.

I wonder if there are many other movie gems like this?

American interference in Afghanistan from the mid 80's was start of Pakistan's problems. so fittingly there are lots of Rambo-esque momnets.

Some of the children had already been baptized, and at least one family was concerned that a second baptism could undo the first.

Booster baptism morelike
These kids are all gonna be winners
Satan's fucked

ah the reviews

Amazon product ASIN B09QH3HC72

Gorgeous Product - could be sturdier
Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2022
Verified Purchase
This board and box are absolutely gorgeous! Graphics and quality are all-around excellent. My only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is that the board is kinda flimsy, and could be made out of stronger cardboard.

Also, the messages I’m getting from Jesus are odd - he says his actual name is Asmodeus. Weird! But I still love it!

Box and planchette are top quality!

just call it imbolc.
they've messed with the formula too. it's on a monday, unless the 1st Feb is a friday, and then it's on the friday.

It’s 2023. Why was it necessary to name a new bank holiday after a religious figure?
A small amount of sensitivity would have been nice. Along with maybe an explicit acknowledgement of the importance of the role that the people of rural Ireland played, and still play today, in this very Dublin-centric Ireland that we see portrayed in the media.

Something like "Boggersday".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back