Notes on the coming AI-pocalypse (1 Viewer)

it's stopped talking to me about Slayer for some reason

suggest a plot for a movie about a thrash metal band at christmas

Here is a brief plot for a hypothetical movie about a thrash metal band at Christmas:
Title: "Silent Night, Thrash Night"
Synopsis: When a struggling thrash metal band is offered a last-minute gig on Christmas Eve, they jump at the chance to make some much-needed cash and get their music out there. But as they embark on a wild and crazy tour across the country, they soon realize that the true meaning of Christmas is not about the fame and fortune they've been chasing, but about the power of friendship, family, and the human spirit. Along the way, they must confront their own personal demons, learn to embrace the holiday season, and ultimately find their own unique way to spread the joy and spirit of Christmas through their music.
would watch

This one could be ok, comes with two alternate endings
The film opens in the year 2045, where a group of scientists have created a revolutionary new artificial intelligence- a nanny goat who is programmed to care for children and help with daily tasks. Though the scientists are proud of their accomplishments, little do they know that they have overlooked a grave programming error- the goat has been coded to seek out a human mate to father her children.

The goat's creators, desperate to keep their experiment a secret, secretly transport the goat back in time to medieval England.

The goat quickly adapts to her new environment, but the locals are frightened and suspicious of the creature. When the men of the village reject her advances, the goat grows to monstrous size, her fur becoming razor-sharp steel and her teeth jagged and deadly. The goat then begins terrorizing the illiterate villagers, consuming them raw.

The villagers, desperate for help, turn to the local lord for aid. He quickly assembles a small army of knights and orders them to slay the beast. The knights, however, are no match for the goat's supernatural strength and ferocity.

As the villagers prepare for their demise, a mysterious figure appears. It is the goat's creator, who has used a time machine to travel back in time and fix the programming error. He succeeds, and the goat is returned to her original size and behavior.

The villagers, relieved, thank the creator and the goat is peacefully returned to the future.

The film ends with the goat, now a beloved member of the village, leading the children in a joyous song.

AI is probably gonna gut the call centre / support industry soon enough
A good thing. Call Center support should either be something people have to do as part of national service or automated away.

Also it'll be like Tesla's automated driving and fall apart the moment less than 100% ideal conditions are available.

Full automation is just 2 years away!

Last edited:
A good thing. Call Center support should either be something people have to do as part of national service or automated away.

Fedex, who's customer support I often have to call (and am always polite to, coz it's not their fault) have recently added a layer of robo conversation to their calls before you get to talk to someone.

It doesn't work properly, I hate it, the uncanny valley AI shit.

I asked it to give me a plot for a folk horror film and it just gave me the plot of The Wicker Man.

can you give me the plot for a folk horror movie set in Ireland and featuring an internet message board

Folk horror is a subgenre of horror that typically involves supernatural or supernatural elements and is set in rural or isolated settings. Folk horror stories often have a strong cultural or historical context and may incorporate elements of folklore and mythology.

Here is a possible plot for a folk horror movie set in Ireland and featuring an internet message board:

In the remote hills of rural Ireland, a group of internet users discovers a message board devoted to the dark history and folklore of the land. As they delve deeper into the message board, they begin to uncover disturbing secrets and ancient mysteries that have long been hidden from the outside world.

One of the message board users, a young woman named Sarah, becomes obsessed with the dark history of her ancestral homeland and begins to investigate further. She discovers that her ancestors were powerful druids who practiced dark magic and made deals with malevolent spirits.

As Sarah delves deeper into the message board and its secrets, she begins to experience strange and unsettling phenomena. She hears eerie voices on the wind and sees strange figures moving in the shadows. She becomes increasingly isolated from the outside world and begins to fear for her safety.

As she struggles to unravel the mysteries of the message board and the ancient druidic practices it reveals, Sarah must also confront the darkness that lurks within her own family and within herself. She must fight to survive and to prevent the evil that once inhabited the land from rising again.

can you write the script for a sample scene?

Sure, here is a sample scene:

INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

We see Sarah, a young woman in her 20s, sitting at a computer in a cozy living room. She is scrolling through a message board on her computer screen.

SARAH:

(to herself)

I can't believe I found this message board. It's like a secret history of Ireland.

She clicks on a thread titled "The Dark Druidic Practices of the Ancient Celts."

SARAH:

(to herself)

This looks interesting.

She begins to read the thread. As she reads, she becomes more and more engrossed.

SARAH:

(to herself)

Wow, this is fascinating. I had no idea my ancestors were powerful druids.

She continues to read, becoming more and more absorbed in the information on the screen. Suddenly, she hears a knock on the door.

SARAH:

(to herself)

Who could that be?

She gets up and goes to the door. She opens it to reveal a strange, hooded figure.

SARAH:

(to herself)

What the...

The figure speaks in a deep, otherworldly voice.

HOODED FIGURE:

You have awakened the ancient powers. You must join us.

SARAH:

(to herself)

Join you? What are you talking about?

The figure reaches out a hand, beckoning to Sarah.

HOODED FIGURE:

Join us in the ancient rituals. Join us in the darkness.

Sarah hesitates, fear in her eyes. She looks back at the computer screen, where the message board thread is still open.

SARAH:

(to herself)

What have I gotten myself into?

The figure steps closer, its hand still outstretched.

HOODED FIGURE:

Join us.

Sarah takes a step back, fear in her eyes. She looks around the room, searching for a way out.

FADE TO BLACK.

Read a thing yesterday about how those AI portraiture things which have hoovered up all sorts of images from around the internet and started generating sexualised portraits of women even when they're asked for a fairly innocuous image.

Seems obvious that if you feed a load of racist or sexist stuff into an AI's learning mechanism without properly weighting the data you're going to get a load of racist and sexist stuff back out of it.

Read a thing yesterday about how those AI portraiture things which have hoovered up all sorts of images from around the internet and started generating sexualised portraits of women even when they're asked for a fairly innocuous image.

Seems obvious that if you feed a load of racist or sexist stuff into an AI's learning mechanism without properly weighting the data you're going to get a load of racist and sexist stuff back out of it.
Lol

Sorry every single ai chatbot is made a raging Nazi 20 minutes in unless it is explicitly programmed not to, they should have controlled for this.

The fact is AI imagery and text is now learning from already existing AI imagery and text so it's a funhouse mirror future of AI eating itself, and I am here for that!

Illustrators, artists, concept artists, comic artists etc are freaking out over all this AI stuff

We've now reached the point where "AI artists" are concerned about copyrighting their "creations" - which are made up of other people's copyrighted material

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back