What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

The Mountain Goats. I haven't kept up to date with albums since Beat The Champ so I didn't know a lot of the music. It made the gig less enjoyable but that's on me. Hard to resist the fun when the whole of Vicar St is buzzing, shouting, fists in the air with the big hits. Great night.

10.30 curfew in vicar st last night. Spoiled the gig a bit as the band were rushing through the songs

I've never left a Mountain Goats show disappointed but I was disappointed on Friday. All other dates on the tour got 23/24 songs in 2 hours plus likely more between song chat. We got 18 in 80 minutes, ⅔ of a gig. Felt short-changed. Plus I didn't enjoy the run from Bones Don't Rust to Wear Black (3-7) which seems to have been a staple of the tour.

On my way home from Andy Irvine and Paul Brady. Really good night but could have done with more Andy songs than Paul’s - though the highlight of the night was probably Arthur McBride. 6AF011B1-1E38-40C3-B63D-6F2B1C2D6897.jpeg

Was up at Bohs last night...

Should have seen @moose holding the speaker up with his shoulder during Strong Boys.

Respect. True work.
That guy in the Hellshock shirt let too many people in!
The sound was really good. Hannah and the crew put together a great bill.
I got there about 6:15 when MANA were finishing playing. Already a big crowd there at that stage.
I had to leave at 11:35 when POWER PLANT were just setting up.
My only criticism is this has happened a few times before and maybe putting on a band that had travelled earlier might be an idea.

I had never got to see EXTRAVISION and STRONG BOYS before so I can't complain.
Well done to all involved.

I got there about 6:15 when MANA were finishing playing. Already a big crowd there at that stage.
My only criticism is this has happened a few times before and maybe putting on a band that had travelled earlier might be an idea.

I thought PowerPlant had pulled out or something

I got in in time for Mongrel.

Enjoyed all the acts. Jury is out on Rising Damp but they had some cool stuff going on.

Extravision had big Siouxie vibes and played with a lot of flair.
I thought PowerPlant had pulled out or something
Yeah, I seriously hope they didn't play. It was stated on ig that they pulled out through sickness. I'd be eh sickened if they played.

I had to leave because I was bucko'ed. 3 cans of "celebration" [what??] IPA at 6.8 % for a tenner was great for the pocket but hard on the mind and body. Some cheeky softily English lad asked me is it four for a tenner. Are you taking the piss, man?, I replied. It's not an off licence!

But punks leaving glass on the ground outside the entrance door - do they do this deliberately? I almost punted a tumbler on the way in. It looked like I was trying out for the Green Bay Packers the fucking thing rolling clattering along the ground for an eternity people staring at me great entrance Cosmo fucking Kramer.

Overall, a good event. Excellent sound. But bring your glasses back to the bar, ya lazy wee shites and don't be making work for people.

Power Plant defo didn't play. Strong Boys were last band of the night. Eoin did the hard work for keeping the speaker upright I just helped a bit. Great gig. Algara in the same room tonight.

But punks leaving glass on the ground outside the entrance door - do they do this deliberately? I almost punted a tumbler on the way in. It looked like I was trying out for the Green Bay Packers the fucking thing rolling clattering along the ground for an eternity people staring at me great entrance Cosmo fucking Kramer.

Overall, a good event. Excellent sound. But bring your glasses back to the bar, ya lazy wee shites and don't be making work for people.
People who drink don't give a fuck about simple things like this

Power Plant defo didn't play. Strong Boys were last band of the night. Eoin did the hard work for keeping the speaker upright I just helped a bit. Great gig. Algara in the same room tonight.
Sorry I got that wrong. My apologies to all then - Thanks Moose.

Can't go to gig tonight unfortunately.
ALGARA are good alright.

RE drinks at gigs:
I am not into drinking at gigs (inc. soft drinks) I have to sit on a bus for 2 1/2 hours to get home after.
But if there's a tip jar for the bar staff I am happy to put 5 or 10 euro in it.

Went to see The Lost Brothers in a big 'ol arts centre. Absolute silence from the crowd during the songs. The two lads were joined by a pedal steel player and a double bass player who were both incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back