General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

There's some lad who appears to have been a common follow on Irish left twitter who has done a "the country is full" tweet over the weekend.

And I slid into a bit of a rabbit hole after it.

Have discovered that you've got people going around who will basically argue ...

"The country hasn't recovered its population to pre famine levels because of the fucking Brits."

"Also the country is full"

How can it be full if we haven't recovered it's population from 170 years ago, and also there's 160,000 vacant housing units around.

"Oh so you want us to live in mud hovels like 1800s people."

And now my head hurts.

There's some lad who appears to have been a common follow on Irish left twitter who has done a "the country is full" tweet over the weekend.

And I slid into a bit of a rabbit hole after it.

Have discovered that you've got people going around who will basically argue ...

"The country hasn't recovered its population to pre famine levels because of the fucking Brits."

"Also the country is full"

How can it be full if we haven't recovered it's population from 170 years ago, and also there's 160,000 vacant housing units around.

"Oh so you want us to live in mud hovels like 1800s people."

And now my head hurts.
If anyone wants to join in

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If anyone wants to join in

That's the one.

I think he'd been retweeted into my TL a few times in the past giving out about FFG.

He was a few years ahead of me at school. Barely knew the guy but he wasn't popular from what I remember.

He was a few years ahead of me at school. Barely knew the guy but he wasn't popular from what I remember.

they rarely are.
the head on the prick

In contravention to the getting more tory as we age the more I age the more and more, at least on twitter at least, I agree with Paul Murphy about things.

And I don't think he's changed how he thinks.

I used to think he was an awful eejit.

Joe's carpetbagger etc.

With the whole rotating leadership thing, Leo is taking over on December 17th. Grand, whatever.
What I don’t really get is why it needs to be a big deal. They’re going to have a load of staff working in Leinster House on the last weekend before Christmas, paying overtime and the whole lot just so he gets his special day. They made a big deal about leaving the heating off for an extra week or two to cut down on expenses/save energy but this is ok…
Granted, it’s not the worst thing they’ve done but I’m finding it weirdly annoying.

With the whole rotating leadership thing, Leo is taking over on December 17th. Grand, whatever.
What I don’t really get is why it needs to be a big deal. They’re going to have a load of staff working in Leinster House on the last weekend before Christmas, paying overtime and the whole lot just so he gets his special day. They made a big deal about leaving the heating off for an extra week or two to cut down on expenses/save energy but this is ok…
Granted, it’s not the worst thing they’ve done but I’m finding it weirdly annoying.

bunch of cunts

In contravention to the getting more tory as we age the more I age the more and more, at least on twitter at least, I agree with Paul Murphy about things.

And I don't think he's changed how he thinks.

I used to think he was an awful eejit.

Joe's carpetbagger etc.

Paul Murphy often comes across a massive annoying eejit but can't fault him when he's usually correct

varadkar recently claimed that people heading abroad for a 'grass is greener' life won't find that rents are cheaper abroad. which is quite trumpian in its ignorance of reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back