Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

wrong thread maybe, but a friend has just told me that he's just reconciled himself with the fact that he's gay.

married man, late 40's. No kids. There is a kid elsewhere but that's complicated.

Also, his boss told me last night that he's been sacked. He doesn't know that yet.

What am I supposed to do. I can't do anything really, hence minor complaint.I want to help, but how? Oh for a simpler world where I could just say "sort your shit out".

I assume the two events are completely unrelated? Sacked or let go?
He is "going through some things", which involves alcohol and drugs, but he's unreliable. Which came first, the drugs or the things, is the real question. Either way, he's wrecking himself and the rest of us.

spent some of today helping two different vulnerable friends clean their houses a bit i.e. I did the work.
my back is a bit wrecked now.
It was appreciated BUT one of them said she intends to get her hair cut etc for the third week in a row on wednesday @ 70 euro!
Instead I think she should start saving to get a washing machine and dryer.
she gets feck all help except for a few friends.

during the pandemic and current cost of living crisis large sums of money having been given to my fellow dole/benefits crew in one payment.
no one seems to suss how dangerous this is for many folks. During the pandemic the other guy I helped today once got two weeks disability benefit plus some kind of fuel allowance and managed to spend the whole 700 Euro in a week.

Social welfare have to realise giving people a lot of money in one go is often a disaster. and there are mumurings of a 500 Euro one off payment coming up.
I don't want money. I want properly funded services.

spent some of today helping two different vulnerable friends clean their houses a bit i.e. I did the work.
my back is a bit wrecked now.
It was appreciated BUT one of them said she intends to get her hair cut etc for the third week in a row on wednesday @ 70 euro!
Instead I think she should start saving to get a washing machine and dryer.
she gets feck all help except for a few friends.

during the pandemic and current cost of living crisis large sums of money having been given to my fellow dole/benefits crew in one payment.
no one seems to suss how dangerous this is for many folks. During the pandemic the other guy I helped today once got two weeks disability benefit plus some kind of fuel allowance and managed to spend the whole 700 Euro in a week.

Social welfare have to realise giving people a lot of money in one go is often a disaster. and there are mumurings of a 500 Euro one off payment coming up.
I don't want money. I want properly funded services.
Fair play you big legend.

Unless these kind of vulnerable people are getting 24/7 advice it must be very difficult for them. Saying 70 quid on a haircut is a bad idea probably doesn't help.

I have no answer, but well done on helping out.

Fair play you big legend.

Unless these kind of vulnerable people are getting 24/7 advice it must be very difficult for them. Saying 70 quid on a haircut is a bad idea probably doesn't help.

I have no answer, but well done on helping out.
thanks.
basically really vulnerable people don't learn from their mistakes. I often point things out to them and they go do them again.
in fairness the guy's dad (who is cool) did a lot of work on his house this morning before I came in and when I was leaving his mother dropped in a dinner.
yer woman is also a single person whose parents and siblings rarely speak to her.
EDIT: but she has another friend who does more for her than I do.

I'm just in from work and I feel like it's 1am.

I only really did four hours work today but it was the morning when I left the house, and now it's night time. These early nights mess with my head.

Maybe if I can make the gaff a bit cosier it'd be nicer, but right now I'm just cold and damp and tired in the dark.

Looks like my big old Phillips CRT TV has departed this mortal coil.
I got it second hand, with the stand for €20 over 5 years ago.
Getting rid of it is the problem. Its a monster of a yoke.

Wait til you see the new tvs that are out now!

I was doing something for a TV show a few weeks ago. It involved CRT TV's, but actual working ones. So they were props as well as actual working things. There seems to be a company over here that actually hires out CRT's to film and tv people.

The younger people on the team literally did not know what they were looking at. Nor were they impressed with the weight of the things. Dis is HEAVY bruv.

A very good mate of mine is looking for widescreen CRT TVs if anyone is getting rid of a working one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back