People who release music (1 Viewer)

That's gonna be my next thing. Try and create small pieces of content like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
regularly and then boost them to an Irish-only audience. My fantasy is that this will get more people to come to our very infrequent gigs, which might then allow us to make them a bit more frequent

i instantly block any bands advertising on instagram. nose/spite/face

i instantly block any bands advertising on instagram. nose/spite/face
The video ye have is excellent. Ye could probably do a quick ad using 10 or 20 seconds from it, give people an idea of the type of music you’re playing. Honestly, it’s probably as useful if not better for getting the word out about your album as a review will.

FB/IG music ads do work - Stoat has had more than a 10x increase in listeners-per-month using them. They don't, however, make financial sense - we've been spending around a tenner for every euro we get back. Also our top countries for listeners are Mexico, Brazil and Turkey, which doesn't translate to well-attended gigs in Ireland

... hence me planning to change the strategy to focus more on awareness-building with an Irish audience via regular short videos. Will that come closer to paying for itself? We'll see. Actually coming up with the regular short videos is likely to be the bottleneck

Golden plec used to do reviews as well - GoldenPlec Music Magazine

Its a pain, and I think there's an element of if one blog/station picks it up, others will as well. I've thrown stuff out and been really surprised at takeup, and also had nothing.
Funny story, a guy I know releases music under the name Atomic Drag. It’s deadly stuff, surfy rockabilly stuff. Really good. Golden Plec featured his new single last week. But he can’t figure out why because he never contacted them at all about it.
🤷‍♂️

Funny story, a guy I know releases music under the name Atomic Drag. It’s deadly stuff, surfy rockabilly stuff. Really good. Golden Plec featured his new single last week. But he can’t figure out why because he never contacted them at all about it.
🤷‍♂️
thats gas, but unsuprising.
a good few years back my bands EP got reviewed by harmless noise, and from that we got 'unsolicited' reviews plays etc from a good few other heads. the subsequent album fell on deaf ears altogether ;-(

Here's my own personal tiny list of radio shows/stations that are worth sending stuff to:
* Nova Guestlist
* Roddie Cleere
* 8Radio
* Flirt FM (via @ann post )
* Dan Hegarty

That's kind of it for Stoat. I've had the tunes I did with the kids played by Dermot and Dave and Tom Dunne in the past, and solo piano tunes played on lyric, but not much point sending them Stoat stuff
Are we talking about airplay or reviews here lads? Two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back