Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

I'm not one for the Uber type things, and I'm broke.

But I just ordered an Uber Eats to the pub for me, the regulars, and the staff, there's a really great fish and chip place down the road.. They've bought me a couple of pints but all in all I'm out of pocket. I do love these silly old fuckers though.

I'm not one for the Uber type things, and I'm broke.

But I just ordered an Uber Eats to the pub for me, the regulars, and the staff, there's a really great fish and chip place down the road.. They've bought me a couple of pints but all in all I'm out of pocket. I do love these silly old fuckers though.
we use Uber Eats in work. Getting grub in for meetings, etc. But the options on Uber Eats in Ireland are atrocious. Unless you like pizza. Then its amazing.

we started using domino's more because they lost a case which forced them to treat drivers as employees, and they put their prices up to reflect the higher delivery costs.
i only recently found out that they won their appeal against that decision.

I bought a guitar tuner. I should have bought one, like, 30 years ago. Who knew what a difference they make!
What did you do up to now?

I can't actually tune by ear, but neither could John Lennon and he did alright.

In an old band the singer made everyone buy the same tuner with the theory that even if it's wrong, we'll all be wrong in the same way. It was the metal bodied Boss tuner, you know, the white one. I think we ended up with like eight of them in the end as a group. Best tuner I've ever used, but it was €120 twenty years ago.

Now I use an app on my phone, which is free. Or a behringer pedal, which is €20 I think. Actually, father in law got me a Behringer tuner pedal which doubles as a DI. He didn't know what a DI is. I've never used it.

Well, I wasn't too bad at tuning it but it sounds much better now. It is more accurate than my ear and I can just trust the lights instead of comparing one string to the next to hear if they sound right together or if all six sound right together. I just doodle around on the guitar at home by myself

On stage its always the Boss tuner. At home it's either the Boss app or this.. And usually I just need it to find the low E so I know I'm in concert tuning, then do the rest by ear.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I must have used this thousands of times over the years. God bless whoever put it it on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back