Bob Dylan Appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

( Probably posted before)

Ticket prices: Seats 126, 106, 90, 70.45 (Prices subject to fees & subject to change)

Very similar prices to the 2017 gig. Fuck you Springsteen.
I'd normally say those were gougy as fuck prices
But it's Dylan, man

I'd take your hand off for a ticket at any of those prices

Actually, part of the shittiness of seeing him live are the cunts in the audience. Dylan doesn’t sing the songs like he does on the 60 year old albums, but god forbid they might let him as they sing loudly to the recordings in their heads.

I went to see him once with my brother and a load of his friends, he was opening for Paul Simon and basically played a greatest hits set. I enjoyed it as much as you can enjoy anything from the back of a stadium full of Paul Simon fans but most of the rest of them just drank and complained about it all the way through

Actually, part of the shittiness of seeing him live are the cunts in the audience. Dylan doesn’t sing the songs like he does on the 60 year old albums, but god forbid they might let him as they sing loudly to the recordings in their heads.

That makes a lot of awful sense :-(

I just want to hear Tangled Up In Blue once
gdi

I went to see him once with my brother and a load of his friends, he was opening for Paul Simon and basically played a greatest hits set. I enjoyed it as much as you can enjoy anything from the back of a stadium full of Paul Simon fans but most of the rest of them just drank and complained about it all the way through

Saw Lou Reed at one of the U2 Croker shows in the 80s and no one paid him a notion of attention - just drinking and yelling til he played Walk On The Wild Side and then back to the yelling
Not that Lou is Dylan, but you just reminded me there

gdi

Saw Lou Reed at one of the U2 Croker shows in the 80s and no one paid him a notion of attention - just drinking and yelling til he played Walk On The Wild Side and then back to the yelling
I was at that U2 Lou Reed gig. Still possibly the best lineup of any single gig I've ever been to, bearing in mind U2 were still good back then.

gdi

I had a similar experience seeing New Order supporting Red Hot Chili Pepp-arse. New Order were brilliant (it was their comeback with Crystal). Big cheers when they played Love Will Tear Us Apart (which was on a Heineken ad at the time) but disdain the rest of the time. New Order seemed to thrive on it though.

I would say I appreciated the 2017 gig more than really enjoyed it. I was sat at the very back on my own without a pint. Him and the band were very cool, but you weren't having a bop to it. And they played a load of old timey covers I think.

Did play Tangled Up in Blue (re-imagined)

I was at that U2 Lou Reed gig. Still possibly the best lineup of any single gig I've ever been to, bearing in mind U2 were still good back then.
Same here! And yeah Walk on the Wild Side was the only Lou Reed song I knew. Saw him years later in Liss Ard and got so bored I went and sat outside on the grass instead

i saw U2 during the zoo TV tour, in the RDS. the lads in front of us had brought a basket of fruit in specifically to throw at the golden horde, who were supporting.
This is more for some gig memories thread but I saw Ozzy out in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire and he had Geezer Butler in the band
Our whole thing was to get in front of Geezer and chant "Geezer! Geezer!" at him between songs cos it was the closest we'd ever get to seeing original Sabbath

We were kids. Dopes really.
Fun though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back