Your work situation (6 Viewers)

too late to do " recall" on it? If it's in Outlook and they haven't read it yet you can recall/unsend it

We had a company-wide Zoom call last week with the CEO and all the head honchos. Someone hilariously forgot to must themselves and could be heard screaming a bad word. The CEO seized on it demanding the culprit to repeat what they said but they must have realised what happened and left the call. It was very funny.

And then they broke the news that my section is underperforming and left us in doubt that we are yet again hanging by a thread

Still, the profanity was funny.

we used to deal with a complete cowboy of a salesman. he was late 50s early 60s, old school dub wide boy.
What the company sold were very large items, and the delivery and install team used to hate his guts as he always lied about how possible it would be to get things down stairs etc. (we once had to hire a crane to get one of these in over the buildings as it couldn't go down stairs.

His favorite bit of bullshite was to claim that a delayed delivery was 'on the high seas'

we began to refer to him as pat the pirate as a result, and he inevitably ended up cc'd on an email referring to him as such

but he totally owned it - he used to start his phone calls from then on 'ahar there dave me boy, its pat the pirate here'.

we used to deal with a complete cowboy of a salesman. he was late 50s early 60s, old school dub wide boy.
What the company sold were very large items, and the delivery and install team used to hate his guts as he always lied about how possible it would be to get things down stairs etc. (we once had to hire a crane to get one of these in over the buildings as it couldn't go down stairs.

His favorite bit of bullshite was to claim that a delayed delivery was 'on the high seas'

we began to refer to him as pat the pirate as a result, and he inevitably ended up cc'd on an email referring to him as such

but he totally owned it - he used to start his phone calls from then on 'ahar there dave me boy, its pat the pirate here'.

I once had a guy sacked for such bullshit. Not one of my guys, but my boss.

I made a big fuss about the impossible shit he was insisting could be done, time and time again. And fortunately for me (because I really laid my cards down in a shouty, sweary, wall-punchy, hammer-throwey kinda way), his boss, and his bosses boss had a look at all these things and agreed with me. And he was let go. He would have killed someone eventually.

Unlike your friend, my guy did not have any personality to speak of. Talking to him was like talking to a chatbot from 15 years ago. That's probably what really did it for him. If he had some sort of character he'd probably still have a job.

I once had a guy sacked for such bullshit. Not one of my guys, but my boss.

I made a big fuss about the impossible shit he was insisting could be done, time and time again. And fortunately for me (because I really laid my cards down in a shouty, sweary, wall-punchy, hammer-throwey kinda way), his boss, and his bosses boss had a look at all these things and agreed with me. And he was let go. He would have killed someone eventually.

Unlike your friend, my guy did not have any personality to speak of. Talking to him was like talking to a chatbot from 15 years ago. That's probably what really did it for him. If he had some sort of character he'd probably still have a job.

I think pat the pirate was eventually edged out, although he ended up working in sales somewhere else in the industry.
that company did have some 'characters' working on the service and install side as well,

They took away all of our desk phones
Everything is being done through MS Teams now

I told my boss I want a company cellphone
Getting an iPhone 11
Fucking hate iPhones, but unlimited data is not too bad

Took on a Nightshift last night, because there is nothing else at this time of year, half days pay. By the end of this month I'll have done 32 hours in my "main" job.

I fell back into it pretty easy, but work finished 9 hours ago and I'm still awake. Wide awake. This shit ain't worth it. I've probably smoked 30 cigarettes since the shift ended. And I'm REALLY annoyed with one guy.

Also, I cast an aspersion on my guys to the truck driver. He said (go on and do your best cockney accent) "last job I done they'd gone and hired people out of weight watchers. 'excercise, get fitter, lose weight ' and all of that. Honestly, these were lumps. I had to go sit in the cab because if one of them keeled over I didn't want to be around".

For reals, in some companies, the hiring policy is now going to weight watchers and hiring people who can't get a job somewhere else.

EDIT: Sorry, don't mean to sound fat shamey or anything. They're just hiring people who are completely not up to the task. Some of my chunckiest friends are fucking brilliant at this job etc. And there's no work this month. Next month I expect will be mental.

Last edited:
I mean what is an Amazon warehouse job but a dystopian Crossfit class really?

Privately I think I would nail those warehouse picker jobs
Even more privately, I am happy that this theory will never be tested

It's bring-your-kids-to-work day here

Cute chaos

But there are chicken fingers on the cafeteria menu
Result!

Took on a Nightshift last night, because there is nothing else at this time of year, half days pay. By the end of this month I'll have done 32 hours in my "main" job.

I fell back into it pretty easy, but work finished 9 hours ago and I'm still awake. Wide awake. This shit ain't worth it. I've probably smoked 30 cigarettes since the shift ended. And I'm REALLY annoyed with one guy.

Also, I cast an aspersion on my guys to the truck driver. He said (go on and do your best cockney accent) "last job I done they'd gone and hired people out of weight watchers. 'excercise, get fitter, lose weight ' and all of that. Honestly, these were lumps. I had to go sit in the cab because if one of them keeled over I didn't want to be around".

For reals, in some companies, the hiring policy is now going to weight watchers and hiring people who can't get a job somewhere else.

EDIT: Sorry, don't mean to sound fat shamey or anything. They're just hiring people who are completely not up to the task. Some of my chunckiest friends are fucking brilliant at this job etc. And there's no work this month. Next month I expect will be mental.
I'd say you'd get work on a site easy enough..there's enough of them! I never saw so much scaffolding in my life.

I wonder do they look for a safe pass

I'd say you'd get work on a site easy enough..there's enough of them! I never saw so much scaffolding in my life.

I wonder do they look for a safe pass

Of course I would. But the action is the juice.

I need a couple of qualifications, easily done, but I can scaffold with the best of them. But I just don't want to be on a building site. Those guys look so miserable.

Of course I would. But the action is the juice.

I need a couple of qualifications, easily done, but I can scaffold with the best of them. But I just don't want to be on a building site. Those guys look so miserable.

lots of hours, can be great pay but yeah I hate them too. Good for a few months to keep busy and get a bit of money in the bank

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back