Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Yesterday when I woke up I noticed the lifeboat outside was flying the Pride flag at the top, i wondering was there a reason, I guess it's Pride Month. Not sure why today was special but, nice.

Later on in the afternoon I heard a commotion outside, and there was a trail of people walking past the house trailed people doing the holy shelter thing, crosses. Basically a roving Mass with the priest in a car doing the speaking bit out a megaphone, with Ciaran the village Guard trailing behind who told me it was Corpus Christi today, they'll finish up on the pier and that'll be it done.

So they sure enough they headed down the pier, and I walked back through the house to see them gathering up and finishing out Mass.

They did their moment of silence and as I was looking at them I realised that Catholic Mass in rural Ireland was being said next to and more or less under the Pride flag.

If this was intentional, then somebody is a genius. It made me happy either way.

I often think about Corpus Christi processions, I thought they were a thing of the past. Have all the business premises along the route done up their windows with blue and white crepe paper and statues of the virgin Mary? Or was that a different procession?

I often think about Corpus Christi processions, I thought they were a thing of the past. Have all the business premises along the route done up their windows with blue and white crepe paper and statues of the virgin Mary? Or was that a different procession?
I can't say I noticed any other special arrangements. Thing was though I wasn't looking because I had no idea it even was Corpus Christi, let alone that people do processions.

They were saying 30 odd years ago the thing would have stretched the length of the pier, and even more.

I don't think I've ever seen a Corpus Christi procession in Ireland before. The mobile holy tent shelter thing rang a bell, I'd seen that before but in South America but I'm not sure what it was related to. Just as well it was yesterday and not today, the wind's howling in off the sea, they'd be blown all over the shop.

I can't say I noticed any other special arrangements. Thing was though I wasn't looking because I had no idea it even was Corpus Christi, let alone that people do processions.

They were saying 30 odd years ago the thing would have stretched the length of the pier, and even more.

I don't think I've ever seen a Corpus Christi procession in Ireland before. The mobile holy tent shelter thing rang a bell, I'd seen that before but in South America but I'm not sure what it was related to. Just as well it was yesterday and not today, the wind's howling in off the sea, they'd be blown all over the shop.

Yeah the Spaniards are mad for the catholic / Christian gore. It's how they scared the religion into the South Americans they didn't massacre.

I saw a parade like that in Kilkenny a few years ago and had no idea what it was. I followed it to see where it was going, in case they might sacrifice a goat or that. They didn't. Just marched to some statue in a park. I went there later to see what the statue was. tbh no idea still but there was a sign on it that says it was created by Paraic Pearse's da.

i saw a boggers day procession going down grafton street about ten or fifteen years ago. probably 6 in the evening; was led by a merc wearing a burqa with a statue of the virgin mary on top.

Plumber FINALLY finished last night. Took about three hours over the space of a month and a half.

I spent last evening troubleshooting - and failing - to commission the combi-boiler (I wanted to do this and not have the plumber do it, I'm weird)
Took the day off thinking about it, went at it again tonight
Swapped out the pressure relief valve and it all works!

At this hour of the fucking night, I have fucking HOT WATER and I DID IT ALL!! (except the gas)

200.gif
take it to the DIY guitar thread.
we need some water in there amongst all the woodwork

i saw a boggers day procession going down grafton street about ten or fifteen years ago. probably 6 in the evening; was led by a merc wearing a burqa with a statue of the virgin mary on top.

Ah these were a particular class of catholics. That merc used to picket stripclubs about 15 years back - I have a photo of it somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back