Performance (1 Viewer)

@pete I can't edit my profile, but I don't think I have in years anyway, just checking in case this is a new problem

Also I can't remember my pwd and I have a new phone and I think maybe my profile has an old email address. Help!
we shall continue this separately

Freed up a load of disk space but didn’t help. I’ve now switched the site to php8.1. What could possibly go wrong

found and fixed a stupid problem with my datadog config; it's not the cause of the issue but now that it's fixed it might help identify what is

So considering the Apache server is behind TWO PROXIES designed to reduce load (cloudflare & Nginx), what do you think might cause datadog to report such a high volume of connections in the middle of the night (ok 7am)?

The answer’s in the question, I think.

My working theory was that for a very long time, the Apache integration in my datadog agent has been misconfigured. It runs a probe against Apache every X seconds to pull performance stats, and these have been failing with a 406 error for i don’t know how long.

That’s what i fixed this morning - I had to replace a few lines of Apache directives, did the job. As soon as I did that I started getting much more granular data in the datadog dashboard…. aaaannd the number of open connections fell off immediately.

It thought that these open connections that were failing were being left open, and are what was causing Apache to fail, but since it just happened again while I was writing this post that ain’t it.

The search continues.

Did it go down earlier, around 10:00? Thumped never loads for me when I'm out and about. It's been that way for a long time.

ok NEW PLAN

i've gone back and turned a load of stuff off. if everything stays stable i'll turn them back on again one by one until it breaks again. a process of enimilation as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back