Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

the cycling ireland fiasco rumbles on.

it all seems to ahave been triggered by a deal done with EvoPro racing to try to create an academy or means of spotting and fostering young talent - and would you believe it, John Delaney is involved.

the cycling ireland fiasco rumbles on.

it all seems to ahave been triggered by a deal done with EvoPro racing to try to create an academy or means of spotting and fostering young talent - and would you believe it, John Delaney is involved.

yeah, everyone probably saw that defamation suit coming. Both Liam and the solicitor taking action against Liam appear to have parted company with Cycling Ireland. Nasty stuff.

thought i was about to witness a full blown wipeout earlier. a grab truck overtook me on an R road but what i suspect from what i did see, a guy on a motorbike with a pillion passenger was already overtaking him. i got a brief glimpse of the lads on the motorbike, legs akimbo, off the road in the verge, but somehow, and quite amazingly, they held it together and stayed upright.
both overtaking manouevres were ill advised anyway, it was approaching a junction.

it's gas, it's just simple 'do you think a good cycling network would mean you'd cycle more' sort of questions. probably being used to claim 'we had an overwhelmingly positive response online to our slightly vague ideas'.

Yeah i used the text boxes to talk about rail integration. They were quiet enough about this tbh. Still think it's work ticking the boxes just because

nowhere near the worst i've seen on the road, but yesterday a car came round a bend towards me about two foot over the white line, with the driver clearly bent over trying to find something on the seat beside him, or even in the footwell of the passenger side of the car, so very much not with eyes on the road.
the main reason it was noteworthy was i'm 90% certain it was my father in law.

i'm 90% certain it was my father in law.
yeah, Small Ireland Syndrome.

There's been a lad who's been RALLYING through the village. The place single lane in both directions (one car at a time sort of thing) in a lot of places, no paths, children and drunk people staggering about, and this guy is coming through at around 40-50mph.

I gave him the slow down gesture, and he started getting out of the car shouting at me that I needed to wear a Hi Viz jacket if I'm going to walk. He tore off up the road and drove up the hole of some other car and started revving his engine at him. There's been a few interactions, I know his Audi, I think I called him a cunt.

The other day I was walking somewhere talking to another lad from the village and our hero screamed past, I was about to say something but shut up and realised that I don't want to piss people off in the village. Then the other lad said "That's X. Prick. Can't stand him."
He's this young hotshot chef, just got Michelin rated, all articles written about this place. I'd still kinda like to go to this restaurant, but it's all booked out anyway. Oh well.

A buddy of mine is doing the Trans Atlantic Way atm. Ridiculously gruelling cycle. 4600km along the Wild Atlantic Way, all unsupported.

I almost would have thought it impossible to do that distance on the island, but it makes sense when you look at the map

I wonder how many miles/km per day they do
I can't imagine doing more than 200km in a day, for a multi-day trip
But these guys are probably in a different league

I almost would have thought it impossible to do that distance on the island, but it makes sense when you look at the map

I wonder how many miles/km per day they do
I can't imagine doing more than 200km in a day, for a multi-day trip
But these guys are probably in a different league

it's a hell of an undertaking; 23 days of 8 hours in the saddle per day at 25km/h for example. and that'd be fast.

Vinny my bud doing it has about 25 years bike messenger experience along with months of super long cycle training in the lead up.

There's maps and gps stuff on the site if anyone wants to follow them. Then he's vinnybusy on instagram if ya wanna follow the trip in his stories

I did an hour on the hybrid this morning before work. Second time on a bike in 3 months (first time was cycling out to the start of the Ras last thursday - also did about an hour). Not sure if its lack of fitness or just that my body is falling apart, but its just not as easy as it used to be.

I did an hour on the hybrid this morning before work. Second time on a bike in 3 months (first time was cycling out to the start of the Ras last thursday - also did about an hour). Not sure if its lack of fitness or just that my body is falling apart, but its just not as easy as it used to be.
It's fitness, you will get it back

We just gotta put the miles back on our legs
I've had a broken foot for months and it sucks getting back into it, but I know each shitty day makes the next one slightly less shitty

Good lukc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back