I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

Yeah totally.

Forces on the needle in the record player
gravity
friction (to make sound).

Forces on the needle in that piece of crap.
gravity
friction
centrifugal forces from mechanism.
whatever amount of chatter is caused by the 'arm'.

Interesting as a piece of home gamer programming but i wouldn't touch a record with it.

Remember to upgrade your fuses

“a component that some may have previously considered irrelevant”

You don’t say.

“Please note: fuses are directional, so please ensure you install your fuse accordingly. If you are not sure on the correct direction, simply try it both ways- you will be able to hear the difference”

Ah the old emperor’s new fuses marketing technique.

the undisputed heavyweights in the audiophile fuse space

We've gone too far

I only looked now at the price - was expecting something outrageous like 80 quid !!

did i mention before that one of my colleagues in germany bought an apartment off the plans a year or so ago, and paid extra for the electricians to run a dedicated spur directly off the main board in the basement?
means his electricity will be cleaner, less affected by surges or spikes caused by other electrical devices in the building. he also has a pricey enough mains conditioner too just to be safe.

he genuinely buys well recorded albums which complement his expensive hi-fi (which he has spent north of 60k on, for CD/vinyl/amplification/speakers) - not including the 10k+ on all the ancillary equipment.

did i mention before that one of my colleagues in germany bought an apartment off the plans a year or so ago, and paid extra for the electricians to run a dedicated spur directly off the main board in the basement?
means his electricity will be cleaner, less affected by surges or spikes caused by other electrical devices in the building. he also has a pricey enough mains conditioner too just to be safe.
my colleague managed to break the cartridge on his record player last week. €1200 for the repair.

there's a little plastic guard to protect the needle, and he tried to slide it on from the front, but it actually slides on from below.
there's a certain irony in breaking the needle with the device designed to protect the needle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back