Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
I broke a french press recently, those things shatter very messily. I'm using the old one now and it has a jagged crack in it just near the handle. I'm afraid that one of these days I'll lift it up and the pot and handle will separate and it will be a disaster. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

If you liked coffee from your french press then why wouldn't you get another?

I suppose for a bit of variety you could get an Aeropress, they're easy to use and about the same price.
Because life is full of many things I haven't tried!

I'll probably get a french press anyway but I'm curious about a chemex one. They're also very pretty.

I'll probably get a french press anyway but I'm curious about a chemex one. They're also very pretty.
I've never used a chemex either, or one of those V60s, wouldn't mind giving them a shot at some point.

We got an earthenware French press recently, basically the same but prettier than all that chrome and glass.

I use a v60 pour over yoke, you probably need a special pouring kettle to work one of those or a chemex properly. I like the results though, but I'm also into "the ritual" now in the same way that boring stoners love to roll joints.

As Dudley says, the coffee doesn't always stay hot for long, not a good method if you like to add milk.

i recently started watching james hoffman's youtube channel on coffee. s'good, he has stuff interesting to the likes of me and also stuff for propellerheads if you want.
e.g. how to get the best out of your aeropress or moka pot. or why italians have the rule about not having cappucinos after 11am - he reckons it's because the italians generally are lactose intolerant and it's more about not having more than one a day than anything else.

i recently started watching james hoffman's youtube channel on coffee. s'good, he has stuff interesting to the likes of me and also stuff for propellerheads if you want.
e.g. how to get the best out of your aeropress or moka pot. or why italians have the rule about not having cappucinos after 11am - he reckons it's because the italians generally are lactose intolerant and it's more about not having more than one a day than anything else.

Great channel. Even he is a bit smug, it's for good reason , he knows his shit.
I mean coffee

I actually have one of those pourover kettles and Ive never used it. Wedding gift. I might give the chemex a go so. I like black coffee and not too hot either. Thank you thumped hive mind 🐝🐝🍯🍯

I read the ingredients on the coffee a few days ago for the first time to find out what instant coffee is actually made from - 5% finely ground coffee, 95% instant coffee. FFS. The coffee at work is fancy, that has 10% finely ground coffee and only 90% instant. They're both fine, anyway.

why italians have the rule about not having cappucinos after 11am - he reckons it's because the italians generally are lactose intolerant and it's more about not having more than one a day than anything else.

I can't touch coffee after about 3pm if i want to also sleep in the same 24hr period. I'm not italian though

I use a v60 pour over yoke, you probably need a special pouring kettle to work one of those or a chemex properly. I like the results though, but I'm also into "the ritual" now in the same way that boring stoners love to roll joints.

As Dudley says, the coffee doesn't always stay hot for long, not a good method if you like to add milk.
get something like this

I have a cheaper glass version. If you filter your coffee into it, it stays hot for ages. Filtering straight to cup, it'll go cold in no time,.

I have a aluminium or steel French press from Ikea that I love, had lots of fancy glass ones before but they keep breaking/I kept breaking them. I keep eyeing those Chemex yokes in the local coffee shop. Are they much better/tastier?

Also thanks a bunch of thumped and adjacent heads on Twitter we're firm devotees of Imbibe coffee.

I have a aluminium or steel French press from Ikea that I love, had lots of fancy glass ones before but they keep breaking/I kept breaking them. I keep eyeing those Chemex yokes in the local coffee shop. Are they much better/tastier?

Also thanks a bunch of thumped and adjacent heads on Twitter we're firm devotees of Imbibe coffee.

The coffee is good, I approve of how he runs his business, it is a bit on the pricey side but I don't have too many other indulgences, hate going to the pub etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back