What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (4 Viewers)

Hang on now, are you having a go?

I came up to Dub-a-lin basically as quick as I could. And I think I did "the groundwork", and I made it my home. If I was to move back to Ireland I'd go straight back to South Central y'all. Couldn't imagine what I'd do with myself in the sticks.
Then London, similar but different. London wouldn't be London without idiots like me.

If you're talking about gombeens who move to Dublin, then complain about Dublin, and spend their whole time in Dublin without ever going to a museum or a park or a gig or an unfamiliar restaurant or even vote in Dublin, and take the washing home to mammy every weekend, then yeah, fuck them. Or people who go to UAE for the money

I think this corner of the internet does not have many people like that.

What this has to do with Fontaines DC, I'm not sure. I guess I see myself in them. But I'm better.
I am happy enough just to go up to Dublin for gigs and the odd sports event.
I have only been more than 10 miles from home about 5 times in the last 22+ months due to the pandemic. it takes something pretty special to make me want to go somehwere.

about once or twice a year I go to local gigs (usually metal) and that's about it.
if there's nothing I am interested in going on locally, I just keep to myself and I'm not into drinking.

I lived in a few different places growing up usually 2+ miles from a village and 5-7 miles from a town so I just stayed a home nearly every weekend and was happy with that. no regrets there.

as far as city living goes -
there was some humour in what I said, but some folks are in Dublin for no real reason. while others want an easy fix of things to do but aren't fussy about what that is.
Some Boggers are there at the expense of poor sods who can't live in the (formerly) working class area they grew up in.
if you move to Dublin and you don't like it hard luck, maybe you are just part of the problem.

a lot more foreign people are prepared to to live and work in rough circumstances. That's certainly the impression I get from talking to them - good luck to them.

Dublin has huge potential but most of it has been ruthlessly squeezed of the place and it's mostly only good for Varadkar types.

also some people will just go from one city to another. the type of folks who will only live in places like Barcelona, Berlin, London, Amsterdam, NY/Brooklyn, SF Bay area, Austin, Portland or whatever place is being over run by yuppies - no time for them.

I went back home years ago and a friend related how she had moved to Dublin.

"In Kimmage"
"Oh, cool that's near me. Have you tried that caff they have there yet? The breakfasts are amazing I've been told."

"Oh god no. I mean, it's in Kimmage but it's a gated community"
"What the fuck does that even mean?"

I was quite ready to tear her a new one, but seeing as I was only home for the anniversary mass of her fathers suicide, I held back. But my GRRRRRRness was palpable. I do feel strongly about this, whatever "this" is. A gated community? fuck off.

Fuck that gowl, Matt The Rashers is the fucking biz

The swifties are all going wild - not having read the further 4 sentences of the interview, or the credits to any taylor swift album apparently.
It was a pretty thick thing to say; she has a very recogniseble style of songwriting. I hate it, but it's real and it stretches across all her songs, whether there's a co writer or not.

He's denying it now and calling it clickbait so I hope the journalist wades in with the actual recording.

It was a pretty thick thing to say; she has a very recogniseble style of songwriting. I hate it, but it's real.

He's denying it now and calling it clickbait so I hope the journalist wades in with the actual recording.

He said she co writes, which she does with Jack Antononononoff. IT is clickbait, they took the first line of his reponse and left out the bit where he explained it. I don't have a dog in this fight but saying she co writes and all her songs being credited to co writers isn't exactly taking a swipe. What people are annoyed about is it breaking thier illusion, which has been carefully curated.

He said she co writes, which she does with Jack Antononononoff. IT is clickbait, they took the first line of his reponse and left out the bit where he explained it. I don't have a dog in this fight but saying she co writes and all her songs being credited to co writers isn't exactly taking a swipe. What people are annoyed about is it breaking thier illusion, which has been carefully curated.
But she has full songwriting credits on LOADS of her stuff? Specifically those Speak Now and Red albums, but even more recently I'd imagine those lads from the National learnt as much from her as she did from them.

Teen siblings writing together is not really comparable to seasoned hit squad writer/producers being pretty much ever present. I side with Albarn just based on like, reality, man.

1643063040192.png
1643063140490.png

1643063169503.png

I notice you didn't respond to what I actually wrote.

Guess Lili is too busy being right for you to handle. That's ok man, world takes all sorts. I suppose I'm just more of a Damon while you're a Taylor.

I notice you didn't respond to what I actually wrote.

Guess Lili is too busy being right for you to handle. That's ok man, world takes all sorts. I'm more of a Damon while you're a Taylor.

Chill Lili, your post didn't come through my browser in the interim so i didn't respond to it having not seen it. It is windy out.

The main point i'd chase is that what albarn, the big stoner is sorta chasing is that Taylor is paired with producers pretty much all the time. and it's not outlandish for these producers to make overhauls of songs and whip them into shape. the further swift goes on the more the 'co writer/producer' comes to the fore. To me that's closer to a rebecca black scenario tbh. Eilish is at least honest, and to me thats a huge difference. I really dont care if carol king wrote the monkees or Antonov 225 wrote the swift album, i do think the illusion of the artist as a flawless product that definitely didn't have a hit squad present for the whole record that is so carefully being protected here is crock of shit though.

You chill! All I'm saying is she clearly writes the basics of all her songs, and then brings in the producers or her co writers, or she doesn't if she feels it doesn't need it. She has a recogniseable bouncy style that is woeful and survives all the co writes and production.

Shure all the best music is co written anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back