The Beatles (1 Viewer)

My favourite Beatles best album is......

• Beatles For Sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help!

• Let It Be

• Total voters
Watched most of the first episode last night and really enjoyed it. Just seeing a "proper" band dick around and go off on tangents and make stupid jokes with each other warmed my heart. And the way they called out the chords to each other - I always thought the beatles would have good enough ears to just know what the chords were. And tried out vocal lines that were too high, and give up on them. Just the same as any other band! I found it kinda inspiring

And the way they called out the chords to each other - I always thought the beatles would have good enough ears to just know what the chords were
I'd like to think they call those weird augmented 9ths or whatever it is they're famous for "Beatles chords"

I thought they did it so they’d know what chord change is coming next, not what’s currently being played.

Yeah..it turns out they're just people.. even more...lads in a band .. amazing . Not sarcasm

I found it totally inspiring. I've been doing it right all along! Lets have some more of that so!

Anyone any idea what this is? I've asked a few people who don't know. It seems like it's a one-off. Doesn't appear on instrument lists for the Beatles, haven't managed to google my way out of it. Is a puzzlement. It breifly appears in ep3

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 5.48.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 5.48.53 PM.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 28
I thought they did it so they’d know what chord change is coming next, not what’s currently being played.
Erm ... well it's pretty much the same thing innit? I tell you the chord, but a beat before you have to play it so you can play it on time. It's what everyone does - just kinda thought The Beatles would be kinda too good for that

You're not wrong. Someone has to know what the hell it is, what it sounds like and how it's played. Mad looking yoke. 12 machine heads, resonating bowl (maybe) and some kind of lyre frame / egg-slicer appurtenance. Been looking for it for a week now, tried loads of people, Beatles heads and musicology types, as well as Dr. Google, not a sausage

One of George's zany Indian instruments maybe? Though I've just spent 5 minutes on Google Image search with the term 'indian instruments' and haven't come up with anything similar looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back