Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

I only started on the porridge this morning. I usually have black coffee and pills for various ailments.

I have been known to eat up to 1KG of oatmeal a day if I am feeling lazy.
I never cook it and very rarely put hot water on it.
I adore the stuff, I can't believe you can get 1.5KG of the food of the gods for 99 cents.

apart from fruit and veg all the best food is really cheap -
beans, bread, oatmeal - yum yum

I listened to your woman Egg just now. someone playing piano and singing is not going to click with me.
made it through three songs though.
funny how somewhere along the way, singer writer stuff on a piano got the 'indie' tag.

Cheers for answering egg. I like Soft Machine but other Canterbury prog bands (Egg, Caravan, Hatfield And The North) I listened to years ago on you tube and they didn't really click with me.
but I must listen to them again... well guess what -
the electronic intro to this 1972 Roundhouse gig is awesome. I can't wait to hear full thing!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there was an indie band from Virginia in the early 90's called Eggs.

I can think of a few other artists with egg related names but I don't want to derail the thread any further

I listened to your woman Egg just now. someone playing piano and singing is not going to click with me.
made it through three songs though.
funny how somewhere along the way, singer writer stuff on a piano got the 'indie' tag.

Cheers for answering egg. I like Soft Machine but other Canterbury prog bands (Egg, Caravan, Hatfield And The North) I listened to years ago on you tube and they didn't really click with me.
but I must listen to them again... well guess what -
the electronic intro to this 1972 Roundhouse gig is awesome. I can't wait to hear full thing!

there was an indie band from Virginia in the early 90's called Eggs.

I can think of a few other artists with egg related names but I don't want to derail the thread any further

we won't let it come between us

Warm milk, some walnuts, mixed seeds, chia seeds, a banana and come blueberries. Lovely* stuff.

*Adequate and edible but better than sausages.
I like regular blueberries but not sure I’m ready for “come blueberries”. Feels a bit racy for 7am.
Just to be clear, when I say weetabix, I mean their aldi or lidl equivalent. You think OI've got brand-name cereal money?
Lidl = Bixies

Also, porridge is one of those foods that I hate with a passion but wished I could eat because it seems like a good idea. Same with bananas.

I went to an Irish-speaking school in the Gaeltacht. One time I was asked to stand up in class and talk about what the family has for breakfast. I said that my Dad eats "poróiste", thinking that was a real word, and of course, it must be the Irish for porridge. But no. Cue howls of laughter from the whole school and the teacher.

It may go some way to explaining why I turned away from this food for so long.

Still wincing 45 years later

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back