What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

dune 2: son of dune is definitely happening anyways

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The legend of the seven golden vampires (1974)
Another VHS viewing. Tape bought in 2000.
A UK & Hong Kong production from Hammer's dying days, when they were trying anything to survive. Dracula in China. Kung Fu vampires. Peter Cushing (always great) is convinced to embark on a quest to find & destroy the 7 vampires who have been terrorising a Chinese village. It looks great. It's really colourful with some creepy, almost psychedelic sequences. There's a martial arts battle every 15 or 20 minutes. It's ridiculous but entertaining. Good stuff. I'm sure Quentin Tarantino loves it.

51GZfyNQAHL._AC_SY445_.jpg

The plague of the zombies. (1966)
Another old VHS recorded off da telly. Late 90s I'm guessing.
It's more of a small gang of zombies rather than a plague. I really like this film but
one thing that that always irks me about it is some scenes which should have been shot at night are shot in the daylight or dusk at best. They go to exhume a body at night and there are blue skies over head. wtf. Hammer cutting corners again? Anyway it's still a good one. Two years later night of the living dead would be released, making POTZ look very quaint.

Legend of the werewolf (1975) is on the same tape.

Last edited:
Madhouse (1974)
Someone in work gave me a box of VHS tapes, probably in the early 2000's. They were mostly commercial 80s American horror films. I sold most of them a few years ago but held on to a few. This was one of them. An old fashioned horror starring Vincent Price & Peter Cushing about an aging film star who is tormented by his most famous role. Some okay moments, overall, not great. But its got that 70s atmosphere that I lIke. Nice soundtrack. Creepy chords played on a vibraphone.

Shaun of the Dead. It’s dated a bit but still good. Completely forgot that Dylan Moran and Peter serafinowicz were in it.

Also, in googling how to spell Serafinowicz I found out that Graham Linehan was married to his sister (Serafinowicz’s I mean, not that Linehan was married to his own sister).

I’m on a VHS- athon lately. Two old films recorded off the telly years ago. Old school.

The beast in the cellar (1970)
In order to stop their brother from joining the army & becoming a basketcase like their father, two sisters living out in the countryside decide it would be a good idea to imprison their brother in the cellar and leave him there for 20 odd years. Now he’s escaped and gone feral. Good old film made by Tigon. Atmospheric & well acted, Beryl Reid is especially good. The ending is a bit anti climatic.

Satan’s slave (1976)
Brit horror directed by Norman J Warren who died in March. The plot only becomes clear about three quarters of the way into the film. A father and his weird son plan on sacrificing their cousin to resurrect an ancestral witch. Well made, good acting. Gory in places. Some nudie women on satanic altars. Really cool soundtrack & Barbara Kellerman is in it :love:

Hawk the slayer
On the horror channel.
Fairly tedious swords & sorcery film from 1980. I knew the name of it but hadn't seen it.
It's basically Robin of Sherwood with some extra magic thrown in. It does have a cool kitschy soundtrack that sounds like a Eurovision version of Goblin.
i saw that one in the cinema when it came out. one of the few times i can remember going to the cinema as a child. all i can remember about it is he had a gimmicky sword. lapped it up as a kid though. swords ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back