Green Lung - Woodland Rites (1 Viewer)

Indeed. It's like people here have not heard any modern metal of the doom variety. It's doom metal with hooks so it sounds exactly like Ghost.
Sad state of affairs if "modern metal" amounts to wearing flares, being photographed with goat skulls in a forest and being compared to Black Sabbath.

Sad state of affairs if "modern metal" amounts to wearing flares, being photographed with goat skulls in a forest and being compared to Black Sabbath.

You missed the doom part there. A sub genre of metal pretty much invented by Sabbath. A whole lot of people love it but it's ok if you don't get it. Plenty music for everyone.

You missed the doom part there. A sub genre of metal pretty much invented by Sabbath. A whole lot of people love it but it's ok if you don't get it. Plenty music for everyone.
I am a Black Sabbath fan. I just find the majority of the "entire sub-genre" as you call it very reductive, full of lazy tropes (I knew what they sounded like just by their name) and lacking in any originality whatsoever. Each to their own, but it is very conservative music IMO, not modern. {and I am referring to all the Black Sabbath copyists, just so you're clear)

I've not heard much by ghost, but what i have heard sounded like a Swedish pop producer's idea of what 80's stadium/hair metal should sound like in the year 2021.

Great album.

Not into Ghost. Great costumes though.

They sound like Ghost. There I said it.-

edit: no so much on this album but I listened to their new release and the bang of Ghost off it is huge.
I thought that too, esp the new album. In fact I discovered this band around the time I felt that Ghost had jumped the shark. Myself and my friend decided that they would be our new Ghost and we'd put the unpleasantness behind us.

On this, my much younger friend pointed out that's also a 90s Alice in Chains or Kyuss vibe off some of this. I ignored those bands at the time, but I hear what's she's saying.

They sound like Ghost. There I said it.-

edit: no so much on this album but I listened to their new release and the bang of Ghost off it is huge.
Other people are commenting on the Ghost - ishness

There’s Queen-esque explosions of total flamboyance. They’ve got choruses that Ghost wish they’d written. And though this does feel a little familiar to anyone who’s ever picked up a record from the ’70s or glanced at the doom scene, the glossy sheen and theatrical projection of the banging Reaper’s Scythe or the warning against ‘Playing with forces you can’t understand’ of Upon The Altar have a fresh, blossoming personality all of their own.

I listened to half the new album earlier.

Cant be bothered . Ill give it a go on the cans later

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back