The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (5 Viewers)

I can imagine a lot of Joe & Joesphine Public heard Kate Bush songs on the radio, liked them. Bought the album and thought WTF is this???
Same with Prince, Bowie & other arty types that had hit singles.

It sounds like the reasons I've ever listened to her albums before (it sounds like elfin bullshit).

Which elfin tribe are we talking about here though? The only even remotely musical elf tribe I'm aware of might be the smurfs, and honestly i'm not sure they are elves - but in my mind they kinda sound like blindboy boatclub. What are archetype elfin bullshit elf tribes or artists?

Do these lads count?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Which elfin tribe are we talking about here though? The only even remotely musical elf tribe I'm aware of might be the smurfs, and honestly i'm not sure they are elves - but in my mind they kinda sound like blindboy boatclub. What are archetype elfin bullshit elf tribes or artists?

Do these lads count?

Kate Bush is simply incredible. Another of my "hot takes" :LOL:. However, I believe her to be fundamentally brilliant. I also believe that there is something in the offing with her and Big Boi of Outkast - not in a romantic way - in a collaboration way - although I would like for both of these things to be true💘.

Kate Bush is simply incredible. Another of my "hot takes" :LOL:. However, I believe her to be fundamentally brilliant. I also believe that there is something in the offing with her and Big Boi of Outkast - not in a romantic way - in a collaboration way - although I would like for both of these things to be true💘.
Was is your source for this info?
Never mind, I googled it. Last years news!

She's another one of the "born in 1958" gang.

Prince, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Paul Weller, Madonna, Joan Jett, Gary Numan, Jane Wiedlin, Neil Finn, Siobhan Fahey, Simon Le Bon.

A great year for popstars to be born!

I haven't listened to his solo stuff but I love Japan.
I'm very very fond of the 2 ambient ones with Holger Czukay. There's often something about those frontman types which I find a turnoff though...at a certain point they often get this kind of religious preciousness about themselves and their work, I see him like that. I don't know much Japan, will rectify and adjust prejudice accordingly

He accidentally verges into sounding like Sting at times in his solo stuff, which always makes me laugh because I'm sure he'd be horrified, but a song like Orpheus could be off Nothing Like the Sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back