The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

as a one off let's have some decent music on this thread:

BERT and ERNIE go BRUTAL !
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Godfather of Grindcore COOKIE MONSTER plays Ernie's ukulele.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

one my fave grind bands Anal Massaker used this as an intro to one their EP's

Kate Bush
I respect that someone could resolutely pursue her own musical universe that there was no real precursors to (except maybe Noosha Fox) but beyond that everything about her has always been an anathema to me.

her songs, voice, image, videos, stage show - every aspect is wronger than wrong IMO.
in the early 1990's I thought her career was finished and it was only when she returned in 1993 that I was stunned to realize how seriously people take her.
I found her scary when I was a kid.

Kate Bush
I respect that someone could resolutely pursue her own musical universe that there was no real precursors to (except maybe Noosha Fox) but beyond that everything about her has always been an anathema to me.

her songs, voice, image, videos, stage show - every aspect is wronger than wrong IMO.
in the early 1990's I thought her career was finished and it was only when she returned in 1993 that I was stunned to realize how seriously people take her.
I found her scary when I was a kid.
Even Running Up that Hill and Hounds of Love?

I still haven't gotten properly into her, I mostly just play The Dreaming. Its got a similar vibe to The Top by the Cure imho, it's like pop music that's more interested in itself than the crowd, insular stuff.

Even Running Up that Hill and Hounds of Love?

I still haven't gotten properly into her, I mostly just play The Dreaming. Its got a similar vibe to The Top by the Cure imho, it's like pop music that's more interested in itself than the crowd, insular stuff.
I am listening Hounds of Love now and will try The Dreaming but if I've heard at least 20 of her songs before and disliked them with a passion am I going to change my opinion?

The Top is the weakest early CURE LP. that line up didn't last long.

The Top is my favourite early Cure album, and late Cure album, and Cure album in general so you can suck it with your ranking system!

In regards Kate Bush I just meant those two songs, how could anyone dislike them??

I remember Kate Bush on kids tv shows like Tiswas and Swap Shop, gamefully joining in the shenanigans and talking to the kids. It seems so at odds with her avante garde persona. she did the "pop star" thing really well.

..tv shows like Tiswas..

First google on Sally James

DGcqTBoXgAEzPsa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back