Major Pleasures (5 Viewers)

About 30 years ago, during a particularly fraught period in my life, my mate took me down to the family holiday home in West Cork. I have a vivid memory of riding his little brother's bikes along this road on a bright summer's day and stopping in this pub for a pint. Cue comments about "heavy metal" from the regulars. I've never been back since, and those years are a bit blurry, but that memory is as clear as day.

Beautiful spot, but don't tell anyone from Cork..etc.

About 30 years ago, during a particularly fraught period in my life, my mate took me down to the family holiday home in West Cork. I have a vivid memory of riding his little brother's bikes along this road on a bright summer's day and stopping in this pub for a pint. Cue comments about "heavy metal" from the regulars. I've never been back since, and those years are a bit blurry, but that memory is as clear as day.

Beautiful spot, but don't tell anyone from Cork..etc.

Ah yeah. That would be up the road from me if this thing works out.

Almost there though, the whole thing took less than a year. A fairly hard year in spots, but... like, the end is in sight.

Got to see my middle kid up to the school gates for his first day of First Year.
I dropped my guys off on their first day back, and they were just gone.

5 meters ahead of me by the time we reached the gates, getting ready for a goodbye aaaand friends spotted, vanished into the mill, gone.

I was standing there searching for any sign of them, thinking "I suppose that's back to school done then?".

I dropped my guys off on their first day back, and they were just gone.

5 meters ahead of me by the time we reached the gates, getting ready for a goodbye aaaand friends spotted, vanished into the mill, gone.

I was standing there searching for any sign of them, thinking "I suppose that's back to school done then?".
I'd done 3 hours work by 10 so I could get there for 10.20. Walked him the last 200m to the gates. "There's my friends." Fist bump. Gone. 3 minutes. Totally worth it.

A friend of mine (and, indepentently of me, a very good friend of the wife) vanished about two years ago. No phone no email nothing. Honestly we thought he was dead. Herself had been actively looking for him, but no one knew anything.

He reappeared today, healthy and happy. Much happiness. No one asked where he'd been, because no one cared. Half the pub was overjoyed, the other half were vicariously happy.

Guess this belongs here? Jeff Becarra (Possessed) has walked for first time in thirty years, with the aid of robotic legs.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guess this belongs here? Jeff Becarra (Possessed) has walked for first time in thirty years, with the aid of robotic legs.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Look this is great, honestly - but wtf are they at with that piano music.

This is only my second week listening to my Spotify Discover Weekly...and its fucking incrdible! two weeks in a row! I'm late to this party, but what a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back