Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

V.A - Directions in music 1969-73 : Miles Davis, his musicians & the birth of a new age of jazz. CD
Teenage Fanclub - original album classics 5CD
Triptides - Alter echoes (bandcamp download)
The emerald Isle - The emerald Isle LP & DL (via bandcamp)

Picked up an old Prince 12" single I didn't have (I Wish U Heaven Parts 1-3), hadn't realised they'd gone all out on the 12" and credited the B-side to Camille

R-98902-1411294103-5762.jpeg.jpg

I got the last 2 Autechre Dublin gigs recently from the ae website. I am LOVING them. Anybody else get them? Quite trippy. Next plan is to listen to them in the car, I imagine this will be brilliant.

Have ordered new Weezer and Teenage Fanclubs. Waiting.

Was going to pre-order the new Manics from their website for the signed option, sap. £16 delivery stopped that idea.

O.L.D. (OLD LADY DRIVERS) - Lo Flux Tube CD (1991)
O.L.D. - The Musical Dimensions of Sleatak CD (1993)
usually when grindcore bands change style it's a disaster but these albums are the band's best work, especially Lo Flux Tube and some of Earache best records. spacey experimental metal.

MILES DAVIS - Olympia 11 Julliet 1973 CD (live in Paris) really good concert
MILES DAVIS - Pangaea 2xCD live Japan, February 1975
Pangea was one one of Miles last concerts before he went into semi retirement for 5 years.
he's not playing on this much strangely, only making sparse contributions and sounds like he needed a rest.

O.L.D. (OLD LADY DRIVERS) - Lo Flux Tube CD (1991)
O.L.D. - The Musical Dimensions of Sleatak CD (1993)
usually when grindcore bands change style it's a disaster but these albums are the band's best work, especially Lo Flux Tube and some of Earache best records. spacey experimental metal.

MILES DAVIS - Olympia 11 Julliet 1973 CD (live in Paris) really good concert
MILES DAVIS - Pangaea 2xCD live Japan, February 1975
Pangea was one one of Miles last concerts before he went into semi retirement for 5 years.
he's not playing on this much strangely, only making sparse contributions and sounds like he needed a rest.
Lo Flux Tube is one of my favourite albums. Wild. Still sounds fantastic. I must get it on vinyl sometime...there are a few decent copies on discogs for ok money. That era was definitely Earache's best time. I only heard Sleastak for the first time a few months ago, I didn't even know it existed. Not quite to the standard of Lo Flux Tube but still really cool. They had another one, https://www.discogs.com/Old-Formula/master/402212 which is enjoyable too but unrecogniseable as the same band.

Lo Flux Tube is one of my favourite albums. Wild. Still sounds fantastic. I must get it on vinyl sometime...there are a few decent copies on discogs for ok money. That era was definitely Earache's best time. I only heard Sleastak for the first time a few months ago, I didn't even know it existed. Not quite to the standard of Lo Flux Tube but still really cool. They had another one, https://www.discogs.com/Old-Formula/master/402212 which is enjoyable too but unrecogniseable as the same band.

I got both The OLD CD's together off the same guy on discogs for less than 30 Euros
I have it mind to get Lo Flux Tube on LP as well it usually goes for 25 Euro or less.
The Dimensions of Sleatak LP seems to only have been released on vinyl in the USA and is more expensive.

both records are amazing sounding - really huge especially Lo Flux.
apart from Sunn or a small amount of other things I didn't have much time for a lot of the newer rock/metal genres that emerged in the 90's.
some of of avant garde end of metal sounds too 'mature' and lacking the rawness I like but not on these records.
must give KHANATE and some of Plotkin's other stuff a listen again though.

I missed OLD at the time but have been listening to them on you tube for years and they were on my wants list for a long time.

I remember someone comparing Formula to one of the records VOIVOD made 30 years ago in that it sounds very restrained and clean compared to their previous albums. it's a big come down and not essential. Dig Pearson also included it in a list of Earache albums that he was disappointed with the reception it got.

Oh - Jason Everman plays bass on Lo Flux Tube.
he was briefly in NIRVANA in 1989 but despite not playing on their Bleach LP he got a credit on guitar as he paid for the recording. he never got any royalties off the LP and the band never paid him back.
no idea how he ended up in OLD.
after that he was in MINDFUNK an L.A. funk metal band fronted by Pat Dubar (formerly of Orange county straight edge MINOR THREAT copyists UNIFORM CHOICE) who released an album on Megaforce in 1993.
later Everman joined the army (the US one not Mike Muir's) and served in Iraq and Afghanistan....

I got both The OLD CD's together off the same guy on discogs for less than 30 Euros
I have it mind to get Lo Flux Tube on LP as well it usually goes for 25 Euro or less.
The Dimensions of Sleatak LP seems to only have been released on vinyl in the USA and is more expensive.

both records are amazing sounding - really huge especially Lo Flux.
apart from Sunn or a small amount of other things I didn't have much time for a lot of the newer rock/metal genres that emerged in the 90's.
some of of avant garde end of metal sounds too 'mature' and lacking the rawness I like but not on these records.
must give KHANATE and some of Plotkin's other stuff a listen again though.

I missed OLD at the time but have been listening to them on you tube for years and they were on my wants list for a long time.

I remember someone comparing Formula to one of the records VOIVOD made 30 years ago in that it sounds very restrained and clean compared to their previous albums. it's a big come down and not essential. Dig Pearson also included it in a list of Earache albums that he was disappointed with the reception it got.

Oh - Jason Everman plays bass on Lo Flux Tube.
he was briefly in NIRVANA in 1989 but despite not playing on their Bleach LP he got a credit on guitar as he paid for the recording. he never got any royalties off the LP and the band never paid him back.
no idea how he ended up in OLD.
after that he was in MINDFUNK an L.A. funk metal band fronted by Pat Dubar (formerly of Orange county straight edge MINOR THREAT copyists UNIFORM CHOICE) who released an album on Megaforce in 1993.
later Everman joined the army (the US one not Mike Muir's) and served in Iraq and Afghanistan....
You absolutely should do a blog or twitter or whatever people do these days. Daily music and sport curiosities.
I had forgotten Everman was on that album. He really got around...although this is easily the best album he's on.
I used to listen to Lo Flux Tube a lot on my walkman fairly sure my high range hearing is somewhat damaged because of that one album. Just listened to it again today, it's such a rush of angry teenstosterone. The production is so mad and brilliant...it's kindof upside down for it's time, all harsh trebles and mids, when literally everyone else on earache was going the other direction. I remember being excited to hear Khanate and then disappointed by the first album. Never listened to them since...will rectify that tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back