Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

also, in a somewhat-related sort of thing...

there seems to be something of a glacial movement towards no longer regarding the wuhan lab-leak hypothesis as a crazy wild conspiracy theory. it’s edging towards becoming at least a topic of discussion, if not yet quite the default theory. strange to watch it kind of become a thing that serious-media-type people are now pretending they thought all along.

also, in a somewhat-related sort of thing...

there seems to be something of a glacial movement towards no longer regarding the wuhan lab-leak hypothesis as a crazy wild conspiracy theory. it’s edging towards becoming at least a topic of discussion, if not yet quite the default theory. strange to watch it kind of become a thing that serious-media-type people are now pretending they thought all along.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. A year or so ago the only people pushing it were Project Veritas libertarian types. I remember seeing a bit of possibly vaguely convincing stuff at the time and backing away rather than spending 8 hours fact checking it all.

mildly entertaining semi-related clip

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Newsmax reporter asking the questions,

Yeah I've noticed that as well. A year or so ago the only people pushing it were Project Veritas libertarian types. I remember seeing a bit of possibly vaguely convincing stuff at the time and backing away rather than spending 8 hours fact checking it all.

the gain-of-function experiments that potentially were the source were undertaken in order to be better-prepared for a potential pandemic. so there would be quite a grim irony if they ended up themselves being the source of this pandemic.

I'll be Pfizer-ing it up week after next, woop woop.

I might get to go home during the Summer.

Pretty much everyone I know who's been jabbed has mentioned side effects. I think most of them got Astra Zeneca. My mum said bring panadol and two litres of water. But if any of you have any advice at all I'd love to hear it.

Pretty much everyone I know who's been jabbed has mentioned side effects. I think most of them got Astra Zeneca. My mum said bring panadol and two litres of water. But if any of you have any advice at all I'd love to hear it.

had a rough night feeling shivery and stiff and feverish. like the beginnings of a flu. but I had a long sleep and a couple of paracetamol in the morning and I was grand by the following afternoon. that was with astra zeneca. pfizer is generally meant to be more easy-going. apparently.

what happened?

Nothing, just a brain rant on my part. Hence post deleted.

But now that you've started me off, the long post had something to do with friends who are scared of the vaccine. Not anti-vax per se, just worried about it for various reasons.

When one mate says "Should I get it?" I say "Yes, you should, end of". But then someone else will say "I'm not saying you shouldn't, but..."
I'm thinking of a very malleable, very anxious friend in particular.

Actually. if anyone has any ideas about dealing with that type of person that'd also be useful.

OK I thought you might have tried to post something and it dematerialised.

can't really help with anti vaccine people. I find it very hard to understand someone being suspicious of somethings but then having absolute unquestioning trust in nonsense.

OK I thought you might have tried to post something and it dematerialised.

can't really help with anti vaccine people. I find it very hard to understand someone being suspicious of somethings but then having absolute unquestioning trust in nonsense.

Another long post deleted.

To surmise: It's funny how these people I know are suddenly worried about what goes into their bodies, when they were never worried about buying drugs off randomers on a night out for their entire adult lives.

It is most frustrating. If they really don't want to get the vaccine, that's fine. But acknowledge the cognitive dissonance.

Another long post deleted.

To surmise: It's funny how these people I know are suddenly worried about what goes into their bodies, when they were never worried about buying drugs off randomers on a night out for their entire adult lives.
I remember a friend, big into homeopathy, after a night on coke and E being offered a Solpadeine for the hangover. Without a trace of irony she scowled " I wouldn't put that shit in my body"

I had the Pfizer vaccine and the spot right at the injection site was tender for a few days but nothing more than that. I’ve heard anecdotally that the second dose has more of a kick but I haven’t had mine yet.

one of the things that has given it a bit of a push recently is this pretty detailed article:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

written by a guy who, on the one hand, has been a prominent science writer for decades. aaaaaand on the other hand — milkshake duck alert! — he wrote a book a few years back that a lot of people thought was super racist... so let’s just say that he might be trying to do a bit of personal rebranding here, alongside the actual facts of the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back