bad reviews (2 Viewers)

New Van Morrison album is out I see

Van Morrison: Latest Record Project Volume 1 review | Alexis Petridis's album of the week

It’s an album you listen to while metaphorically pushing food around your plate and biting your tongue: there’s no point in saying anything back... because you’ll get a response like Only a Song, effectively an indignant splutter of “I’m just having my say” set to music. But in truth, it’s not really what he says so much as how he says it. The tone isn’t anything as stirring or exciting as anger, just endless peevish discontent and sneering dismissal, the latter reaching a peak with Jealousy, on which Morrison announces that anyone who disagrees with him is envious of his nonpareil insight into the way things really are: “I’m not a slave to the system like you.”

I guess he's
IpCkbadtcUO640PgULKbmyl_663Ai6JMEkmP6Uc7-afUDgqRMvgyNW6YaMBHUEb0JDOcisi_fLsysv0Uk_ahiUbXY6AXPa_7NZCq2nSaFrYxsYG1RglkOCLNy2NY0WLN4A

I heard that Only A Song song on the radio and thought Vans voice sounded remarkable for an auld lad. Remarkably good that is

I heard that Only A Song song on the radio and thought Vans voice sounded remarkable for an auld lad. Remarkably good that is
Yeah, not bad at all for a massive rip off of Dancing in the Moonlight wha

you could only possibly release an album called “latest record project volume 1” if you’re surrounded by yes-men and flunkies. setting everything else aside, it’s just a stupid name for an album.

I mean like he has some tunes but he's defo for people who hate music.

I would say though I can release all the badly titled records I like and nobody can stop me.

But also I've met a few ex band members and they got fired a lot so i think he's whittled it down to yes men at this point.

He should run for the dUP

Prince: Welcome 2 America – This farcically self-indulgent album should have stayed locked away

Regardless of the stature of the deceased artist. Welcome 2 America is a half-baked concept album of slow funk jams, spoken-word segments and Curtis Mayfield impressions. It does occasionally hit a sweet spot, such as on 1000 Light Years from Here, but overall it is an excruciating, boring mess. A gruelling 23-track odyssey of farcical self-indulgence.

hahaha, it's only 12 tracks long! What's he been listening to??

'Nominated' ? What was the theme of the article?
Records that annoy musicians?
Interested to know
google

google

Some great bitching in this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back