Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Simple fact is, you want people to get vaccines, you remove IP protections.
I very much doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with this, or anyone who doesn't want this to, both be possible, and to happen.

I got a bit lost a while ago. Initially we're were considering the suggestion that producing generic versions of the covid vaccines is not that straightforward. I don't think anyone here is qualified to fully rebuke that suggestion. So, we've veered into discussing whether or not generic vaccines won't happen because drugs companies and governments have too much of a vested financial interest to ever let that happen.

Thats kind of a separate argument and I'm fucked if I know enough to get involved in that one.

Btw did Astrazeneca not say at one point they would provide vaccines to the 'developing' world on a 'not-for-profit' basis?

I have a feeling when pfizer flood the world with their vaccines, Astrazeneca will start to disappear from view. Whether they actually did burn bridges with the EU, or whether it was all an orchestrated demolition job by pfizer, I doubt we'll ever know.

From the figures I've seen about vaccinations here, of the 1.5 shots that have been administered, 1.2 million are pfizer. I'd like to see a similar breakdown in the UK. I heard a guy say on the BBC over the weekend that their vaccination centers only have Astrazeneca.

I very much doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with this, or anyone who doesn't want this to, both be possible, and to happen.

I got a bit lost a while ago. Initially we're were considering the suggestion that producing generic versions of the covid vaccines is not that straightforward. I don't think anyone here is qualified to fully rebuke that suggestion. So, we've veered into discussing whether or not generic vaccines won't happen because drugs companies and governments have too much of a vested financial interest to ever let that happen.

Thats kind of a separate argument and I'm fucked if I know enough to get involved in that one.

Btw did Astrazeneca not say at one point they would provide vaccines to the 'developing' world on a 'not-for-profit' basis?

I have a feeling when pfizer flood the world with their vaccines, Astrazeneca will start to disappear from view. Whether they actually did burn bridges with the EU, or whether it was all an orchestrated demolition job by pfizer, I doubt we'll ever know.

From the figures I've seen about vaccinations here, of the 1.5 shots that have been administered, 1.2 million are pfizer. I'd like to see a similar breakdown in the UK. I heard a guy say on the BBC over the weekend that their vaccination centers only have Astrazeneca.
Here’s the latest figures:
933555A0-0A34-47F1-B380-02FA011603E5.png

i'm not sure i understand the 'if we start making the covid vaccine we'll have to stop making arthritis medicine' argument yer man was making, in that letter to the IT.
because that would suggest that the factories where the covid vaccines are being produced were sitting idle before now? granted, there is probably less demand for flu vaccines, etc., but not on the scale that they're churning out covid vaccines.

I think you will find many people who will say "in an ideal world" they'd like this, and handwring about how it can't happen, and finally find one of the arguments from the big pharmaceutical companies to justify this. Its the classic centrist dad position i guess. The actual reality is these things are possible, have been proven possible (e.g. With aids/hiv drugs) but its hard to do and comes at a political price. Capital strike is real!

Back when they were "the Oxford vaccine" they said this, then the Gates Foundation had a word with them and got them to partner with AstraZeneca and they've been sliding away from it ever since. I think right now they say they'll provide it at cost to the Global South, effectively they're means-testing it. Like all means-testing i would expect it to get increasingly hard to prove you're poor enough to qualify for the cheap one.
No idea myself. I'd be surprised if its anything that exciting.

I think you will find many people who will say "in an ideal world" they'd like this, and handwring about how it can't happen, and finally find one of the arguments from the big pharmaceutical companies to justify this. Its the classic centrist dad position i guess. The actual reality is these things are possible, have been proven possible (e.g. With aids/hiv drugs) but its hard to do and comes at a political price. Capital strike is real!
IT'LL NEVER WORK, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!! IT'S COMMUNISM!!

IT'LL NEVER WORK, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!! IT'S COMMUNISM!!

Every communist country you can name has failed, my boss builds hospitals.

My real takeaway from that article is

Polls show that about 30 percent of the U.S. population is still reluctant to be vaccinated.

Fairly sure Ireland isn't that bad, God I hope not.

Polls show that about 30 percent of the U.S. population is still reluctant to be vaccinated.

would love to see the venn diagram of those who are reluctant, with pro-trump, god-fearing, gun-toting, anglo-saxon protestant white ass americans.

Every communist country you can name has failed, my boss builds hospitals.

The research revealed 75% of participants intend to get a Covid-19 vaccine, 11% said they would not and 14% said they were unsure.

would love to see the venn diagram of those who are reluctant, with pro-trump, god-fearing, gun-toting, anglo-saxon protestant white ass americans.
I would say less than the media would have us think, like African Americans have every reason to distrust the US state, you know? I have no idea though.

The research revealed 75% of participants intend to get a Covid-19 vaccine, 11% said they would not and 14% said they were unsure.

mmm, in a similar way to above, young women have seen nothing but scandals in regards how their health is treated in recent years. It's up to the government (and the rest of us) to convince these people, even if it involves paying influencers...

I saw a homeless guy on the phone the other day arguing with what I presume was some form of caseworker, "Sure you're a young lad yourself, why would you be getting it?"

I would say less than the media would have us think, like African Americans have every reason to distrust the US state, you know? I have no idea though.

mmm, in a similar way to above, young women have seen nothing but scandals in regards how their health is treated in recent years. It's up to the government (and the rest of us) to convince these people, even if it involves paying influencers...

I saw a homeless guy on the phone the other day arguing with what I presume was some form of caseworker, "Sure you're a young lad yourself, why would you be getting it?"

well father joe rogan said...

but yeah, preggers mcsibling over here doesn't know what to do at all even though she's been offered it and she 100% works in a hospital. preggers mcfriendo has delivered a human to earth and is deeply unsure about what her or new human are supposed to do.

Lets all wait for micheal martin to grasp communication

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back