NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 66K
  • Watchers 11
currently getting 117.9MB/s on a Steam download... that's megabytes, so a CDR in 6 seconds... a DVDR in about 40 seconds.

I'm from the "loading 64k games from tape in 20 minutes" era. Living in the future is wild.

edit: 87GB down in under 15 minutes....

Last edited:
i am a bit disappointed that the upload is still 'only' 50Mb - was expecting it to be 100Mb in line with the doubling of download speed.

I am enjoying reading the National Broadband Plan updates. Are they delusional or just liars? My connection is bad but also not too bad all things considered. Over Eircom's 4G network I can watch Netflix and youtube and stream music and do my job and even do videocalls (just about).

I reckon there's a better chance i'll get a highspeed connection from Elon Musk before the broadband plan reaches here.

Anyway, I have no real question or anything, just very impressed that they are adamant that this plan will definitely work.
FOR FUCKS SAKE

I'm totally signing up. Happy to stop if anyone wants to tax the billionaires.

With Musk's history of delivering it'll probably never actually come to fruition.

Yeah it looks good but their pricing model just looks better when compared with the gouging that seems to be going on in the completely uncompetitive US market.
I'm doing pretty well on 4G internet here but my "high speed" options are as follows:

1613135994321.png

Not complaining, I chose to move here, but if no one is willing to stop Musk and his madcap plans I may as well take advantage of what I can.

I'm doing pretty well on 4G internet here but my "high speed" options are as follows:

View attachment 14648

Not complaining, I chose to move here, but if no one is willing to stop Musk and his madcap plans I may as well take advantage of what I can.

Are imagine available with you? that's who we use.

Are imagine available with you? that's who we use.
Nah

There's nothing better than what we have, and that only works though a bit of a fluke of positioning. Like, I can't even get 3G in the house on my actual phone but one of the windows is at a good angle for the router!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back