Harley Benton! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 4
This just came in the door. And it's great. Tuners seem a bit tight and the frets aren't shiny and the strings are Harley Bentons but apart from that I can't fault it. It's a proper guitar! Tremolo works flawlessly. Thing plays great with a great low action. Gonna restring it now and try it out on my new track.

IMG_20200922_111146.jpg

Update.

After a quick set-up ..polish the frets ,oil the fretboard ,lubricate everything ..this guitar is fantastic.
I actually reused the strings they were grand...same as the ones I was gonna put on

I should have bought it months ago when I first heard of them. Its perfect. Big flat fretboard..big frets..two point trem with full size block.
Seriously this blows the jocks off all the mexican strats I tried

If you fancy a strat get one.
I'm not buying any used guitars ay more. Harley Benton ftw

Last edited:
Update.

After a quick set-up ..polish the frets ,oil the fretboard ,lubricate everything ..this guitar is fantastic.
I actually reused the strings they were grand...same as the ones I was gonna put on

I should have bought it months ago when I first heard of them. Its perfect. Big flat fretboard..big frets..two point trem with full size block.
Seriously this blows the jocks off all the mexican strats I tried

If you fancy a strat get one.
I'm not buying any used guitars ay more. Harley Benton ftw
Nice! Ash or pine?

Nice! Ash or pine?
Swamp ash apparently. Its 3 nice bits of wood glued together. The finish is mad ..its completely matt.. never seen anything like it. And its kinda orange. .mad looking yoke
Fucking awesome guitar I've been playing it all day

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago cos I had no amp with me in Galway. Absolutely excellent,nice and bright. Can't fault it . Sounds as good as my old VHT. Especially through my subzero 10" cab.
No need to look for another small amp. Delighted.
IMG_20201028_101427.jpg

these have been following me around the internet - in general just look like a wonky looking strat, but this model actually looks nice..

Thats a deadly looking yoke. 2 point trem and 14" radius!

I'd say its a ripper . I wonder what the pickups are like

I got new pickups for my HB but I havent installed them ..the ones that are in it are great already. Its a terrific guitar I love it

I think if you've any skills at all most of these modern CNC machine made guitars can be made playable

Thats a deadly looking yoke. 2 point trem and 14" radius!

I'd say its a ripper . I wonder what the pickups are like

I got new pickups for my HB but I havent installed them ..the ones that are in it are great already. Its a terrific guitar I love it

I think if you've any skills at all most of these modern CNC machine made guitars can be made playable

for the price it would be worth a go - pickups are probably the usual ceramic entry level stuff, 40-50quid will buy you a half decent set of 4 wire alnico humbuckers these days, with that and a push pull you'd be grand

Only the super high end Pacificas of old had a two point trem ..they all have 6 screw ones now and IDNGAF 6 points are not as good

So mark one up for the LA GEAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back