You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

I went on a holiday to Cuba back in the late 90s, would go out dancing (or attempting to) most evenings and was really surprised at how little respect musicians got - people were there for the dancing, and the musicians got pretty much zero attention

BBC6
BBC4
Newstalk
Absolute
Rinse or whatever else is there in pirate land that'll scare the old fogeys. BRAP!

I'm still cool.

The obsession with celebrities really annoys me now. Especially the useless celebrities, famous for being famous
And selfie culture as well.

What about the Fontaines dc?

Well I do like a few songs, but I wouldn't be a big fan.
What I am happy to see is a new young Irish rock band having some success, creating a buzz & some excitement here & abroad. Especially the way the music biz is today. And their music isnt blatantly commercial, even better.

Cool. Giz a few names

The fontaines are grand, i'll just forever be hung up on the accent thing, but musicially there are some good tunes. Oh and taking the colour off heartworm for their new record lost them some ann post points too.
However, they are getting a load of attention but I think pillow queens/bitch falcon/the claque/CMAT/denise chaila are what should be in the frame now. david kitt never really puts out anything that isn't top notch, wether its in his david kitt mode or electro producer mode - granted that new record is probably two years old now but it is great. Obvs girl band but you either like those or you dont. Maika Sofia if you like lyrically driven songs/stories. Junior brother kinda is in that frame too. Anna mieke's record goes on at least once a month here. The red book of ossory is to me an insta-classic (medieval jazz in latin with lyrics stole off monks), Lankum, TPM, The Bonk.

Kinda just scraping the surface though, and granted I dont A: stick to genre's or evaluate music on wether it sounds like music i listened to a few years ago B: think that music I hear in my 40's is gonna evoke the emotions that music from my teens/20s did when the world was opening out before me - which are usually the things that stand between people and new music (just because of the thread we are in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back