You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

Irish country is huge here. When we first moved I joined the local macra group and It was mainly just set dancing nights.
Ended up doing a 6 week jive course with them and half of the lessons involved line dancing. This was all with people 18-35.

Irish country is huge here. When we first moved I joined the local macra group and It was mainly just set dancing nights.
Ended up doing a 6 week jive course with them and half of the lessons involved line dancing. This was all with people 18-35.
Did anyone explain why they liked it so much?

I mean, I get that dancing is fun but why choose this specific type over any other?

I've always wondered - does *he* think his songs are good, or is this just, like, a cash cow or something...
I've definitely seen him talk in interviews pretty coherently about the tradition of the dirty nursery rhyme singing funnyman that he comes from, very aware of what he's doing. Like Judge Dread as @therealjohnny mentioned.

Whether or not his home record collection is entirely stuff like him though... well that'd be something.

Last edited:
I played in a Johnny Cash tribute band for a while. We used to do his version of Rusty Cage. Watching a die-hard Country n' Irish couple, desperately trying to jive fast enough to keep up is an abiding memory.

That audience hated us by the way.

I played in a Johnny Cash tribute band for a while. We used to do his version of Rusty Cage. Watching a die-hard Country n' Irish couple, desperately trying to jive fast enough to keep up is an abiding memory.

A bit of real country, coincidentally in the same pub as the aforementioned gig

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A bit of real country, coincidentally in the same pub as the aforementioned gig

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My friend from Monaghan explained it is partly that country bands are all that play in her area and if you wanna go hear live music and have the crack you have to lump it but also supposedly it is a less boozy scene, emphasis on being dolled up and jiving, so excessive boozing is frowned upon, means it is safer and nicer for all involved. No sure how true the second part is, though, sounds like wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back