What gig did you go to last night? (11 Viewers)

The support act was really boring btw. Felt like a bot playing 30 second previews from an ambient compilation, when he started into that second piece I nearly shouted at him to get off the stage.

The support act was really boring btw. Felt like a bot playing 30 second previews from an ambient compilation, when he started into that second piece I nearly shouted at him to get off the stage.
I really liked the support. Something clicked for me in the first couple of minutes so I managed to get inside the music. Reminded me of Nuno Canavarro's Plux Quba LP being stretched and twisted and reflected into a couple of larger scale pieces. Only bits I didn't like were the occasional noisy stabs.

This girl, Sudan Archives

She's only a fecking goddess
Just her on a tiny stage in a pub, with her violin, her pedals, her candles and her bright shining talent

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Second episode of Live From Guerrilla studios last night. Really great show with outstanding production. It kicks in about 9 minutes into the vid below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think watching it at the same time as other people was the point. I was texting back and forth with my brother while it was on, was kind like chatting at a gig. Don't think it would have made much difference whether Nick himself was playing live or not

... though having said that I spent Sat night dancing in the sitting room to a live stream from Fatboy Slim, and the fact that it was live (and you could see other people dancing to the same thing all around the world) was a good buzz

The GBV one was pre-recorded too. It does seem like a bit of a "cheat" for that reason but on the other hand it means it can be filmed/edited properly and the sound mixed properly afterwards too. There were little filmed inserts at various points as well. I mean it's really an entirely new medium so interesting to see what people will do with it. What I found really odd about the GBV one was the empty silence between songs.

Marillion are not having their conventions this year, so they are doing what they call a "couch convention". Not entirely sure what they're doing during the daytime, lots of Q&As I think, they'll be live but then each night of the weekend they're hosting watch along screenings of concerts that are available on BlueRay already. Not sure how it's going to work. I think it's free. Though they did sell Merch for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back