Celebrity Creeps Thread (4 Viewers)

In a very quick, glossing over the details type 101 on names and not naming:

Essentially you don't even have to name the person to compromise their public standing, if you draw enough of a picture for the public to join the dots within reason that has legal standing.

The 'famous irish sports star' definition was probably not vague enough because at the time you could have gone anywhere in the USA and said 'name an Irish sports star' and you've had gotten the name first time

Moral of the story, which is not fair on victims in its current form, you need to get a conviction first, and then name otherwise you are compromising legal proceedings.

Then End.

Ann poster on thumped.

XXX.

Wait I missed this, why is everybody going after Sonia O'Sullivan?

I hear she's on suicide watch alright

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Moral of the story, which is not fair on victims in its current form, you need to get a conviction first, and then name otherwise you are compromising legal proceedings.

Okay, but I think part of what this is overlooking entirely is that a lot of victims are using social media primarily because they have been failed by the law/have seen no justice in legal proceedings/never intend to take their case to a court of law because victims are traumatized and failed by the "law" time and time again.

there's one chap i saw a couple of mentions of, who my wife was approached by in dublin twice when she was about 19 or 20. he seems to have been 'researching' his comedy by being a creep around young women walking on their own on the street.
Apologies for dragging this one back up again, but he’s a prick.
I’m fairly sure I posted about him here years ago after he went out of his way to humiliate me in the middle of town because I had the audacity to be a young mum out with her child on her own.
He said a lot of shitty stuff to me, and it was a long time ago so I can’t remember all the specific words used but the anger is still there.

Okay, but I think part of what this is overlooking entirely is that a lot of victims are using social media primarily because they have been failed by the law/have seen no justice in legal proceedings/never intend to take their case to a court of law because victims are traumatized and failed by the "law" time and time again.

I completely understand that, I'm not overlooking it - I'm just the messenger trying to relay the information that is most pertinent.
The legal position that this creates is not what people want to hear right now fair enough. By naming people online and making direct defamations of character that can be traced and turned into court cases especially where there has been no success through legal channels in proving legally what has happened, all it amounts to is a robust defamation case. The victim will end up worse off, possibly going to court and having to go on record to rinse the experience again, possibly having to essentially agree on paper that it never happened. I'm not saying this is what I think should happen, I'm not saying its right, It isn't even my opinion, it is just the shape of the law at this present time. The campaign to name people online is overlooking its own possible reprocussions, especially woke lads jumping on board creating hit lists to score feminism points.

I’m fairly sure I posted about him here years ago after he went out of his way to humiliate me in the middle of town because I had the audacity to be a young mum out with her child on her own.
He said a lot of shitty stuff to me, and it was a long time ago so I can’t remember all the specific words used but the anger is still there.

And he was still on that RTE comic relief shit as well.
I heard from a mate that he had basically done a Trump-style grab by the pussy to a friend of my mate at some comedy night somewhere.
I'd say if Twitter started on him properly there'd be a big rake of stories about the cunt coming out

some stuff coming out on twitter in the last day or two about some inappropriate behaviour of a well known children's author (no, not *that* well known one, who has already been in the news a bit recently). nothing particularly damning yet, but these things have a tendency to gain legs.

I'm sorry this happened @riath, what a piece of shit. This kind of thing would have had me in flood of tears.

some stuff coming out on twitter in the last day or two about some inappropriate behaviour of a well known children's author (no, not *that* well known one, who has already been in the news a bit recently). nothing particularly damning yet, but these things have a tendency to gain legs.
SPILL.

oh do we mean DW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back