Celebrity Creeps Thread (2 Viewers)

How famous do you have to be to be a celebrity? I bet ******** isn't a creep, he seems like the soundest
I don't know who that is, but now because he has appeared in this thread I assume he's a celebrity creep

Last edited by a moderator:
In a very quick, glossing over the details type 101 on names and not naming:

Essentially you don't even have to name the person to compromise their public standing, if you draw enough of a picture for the public to join the dots within reason that has legal standing.

The 'famous irish sports star' definition was probably not vague enough because at the time you could have gone anywhere in the USA and said 'name an Irish sports star' and you've had gotten the name first time

Moral of the story, which is not fair on victims in its current form, you need to get a conviction first, and then name otherwise you are compromising legal proceedings.

Then End.

Ann poster on thumped.

XXX.

What about directing people to a Twitter account that has named someone

That twitter account has already engaged in 'defamation' if it is public.

Its a pretty short law, or a short part of a long law.

The tort of defamation consists of the publication, by any means, of a defamatory statement concerning a person to one or more than one person (other than the first-mentioned person), and “ defamation ” shall be construed accordingly.

A defamatory statement concerns a person if it could reasonably be understood as referring to him or her.

TLDR stick to facts - unless its public interest and you know its going to stand in court.

Defamation isn't going to get a guilty party off the hook, but in these cases of abuse/assualt which are tough and can be hard to prove, the final result could be

abuser = cleared
viction = defamation case.

And that obviously is a terrible outcome.

Yeah but this guy doesn't care and is going hog wild on the naming...he's not a victim, just someone who's gone 'fuck all these arseholes, I'll name the lot of em'

Although most named are pretty boring C listers

Yeah but this guy doesn't care and is going hog wild on the naming...he's not a victim, just someone who's gone 'fuck all these arseholes, I'll name the lot of em'

Think I saw that thread but couldn't tell you what names were on it. But wokelord over there is probably gonna get them all solid defamation of character cases if they are lawyered up and the abuse cannot be proven - things proven to be true are not defamation obvs. along with another few clauses.

Also disclaimer

I'm not a fucking lawyer or any kind of legal pro. I have a working rule of thumb knowledge for work / instructing. Ask a legal pro if you want real detail. Its been holding up but also:

1593004458299.jpeg

That twitter account has already engaged in 'defamation' if it is public.

Its a pretty short law, or a short part of a long law.

Not sure that really answers the question though. If someone's Twitter account names an alleged abuser and I retweet that or screenshot it and post it on Thumped, am I then leaving myself open to defamation proceedings? Given that I am not actually saying it ... I'm just pointing out the fact that someone else has ...

Not sure that really answers the question though. If someone's Twitter account names an alleged abuser and I retweet that or screenshot it and post it on Thumped, am I then leaving myself open to defamation proceedings? Given that I am not actually saying it ... I'm just pointing out the fact that someone else has ...

The answer tends to be how far the person wants to push something legally rather than a yes or no. I've kinda got an example for later that is public realm but I gotta run and do work.

Its kinda a 'they aren't laws until you apply them' field to a certain extent.

I'm surprised Thumped hasn't been all over this goss actually. This woulda been hot shit ten years ago.

Twitter is way ahead of Thumped these days. Fuck you pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back