What's your drink? (1 Viewer)

Well, that's the why. It was a fire-sale, originally.
That said, my local's still going. The landlords working 20 hour days delivering food. He's still delivering fresh pints too. So there must still be some kind of demand for the idea of "getting a pint". But a lot less than there was a few weeks ago.

And it's a very cut-throat, petty, low-margin business as all the pubs compete for customers. Which I very much think is counterproductive. Small pubs fighting each other while Wetherspoons et al just sit and wait.
Passed by my local the other day and it looks like they’re testing outdoor seating with screens up to separate tables

Aw maaan, I'm not a social animal, but I do miss the pub.

I think a couple of the pubs in the area are doing takeaway orders. Have been for a while.
My local has a big open access beer garden, which I've heard frequently has lots of local vagrants/lunatics/crusties hanging out in it lately. Even though it'd be quite well set up for some kind of social distancing re-opening, I doubt they could trust the dickheads to not fuck it up.

A few of the poncier pubs in dublin are doing growlers (what is this word?) of stuff on draft. With the deposit for the bottles its expensive. Ive done a couple of orders from the big romance. Reasons being, it makes a change, they need the business, and they sell fancy glasses.

As @hermie says, they are also doing some cans now as well. Their delivery is a lot cheaper than anywhere else. 3 quid or something. Mostly because it's some dude called Dave driving about in his Toyota.

A few of the poncier pubs in dublin are doing growlers (what is this word?) of stuff on draft. With the deposit for the bottles its expensive. Ive done a couple of orders from the big romance. Reasons being, it makes a change, they need the business, and they sell fancy glasses.

As @hermie says, they are also doing some cans now as well. Their delivery is a lot cheaper than anywhere else. 3 quid or something. Mostly because it's some dude called Dave driving about in his Toyota.

Bought and CollectEd a filled 2L Growler From The Big Romance on Parnell street last Saturday.

Was not cheap but at least I own the growler now and can just turn up and ask for it to be filled with whatever, wherever

Honestly don't understand why you'd inflict coke on yourself unless you're masking some other horrible tasting stuff, like whiskey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back