Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

Nah. There's a long running cycling joke which revolves around how insanely fetish-ey and picky some cyclists are about bikes. Even to the point of that someone put up a "joke" set of rules called: The Rules. Except it was so close to the mark it wasn't completely clear if it was a joke or not. (The sad truth is that Rule 5 is part of my vocabulary at this point.)

oh my god.
Also at @Lili Marlene I would say get out on it once or twice a week till you dont even feel 5km/10km. After that (and th 20km restrictions upcoming) you are open to the world of wandering on abike, which is the core of why I bother with it at all.
I'm good. I spent a decade doing 12k twice a day to and from work. I was kind of proud of myself but the people on this thread were doing 30k twice a day SURE IT'S NO BIG DEAL JUST A SPIN, so i'm a lost cause.

I'm basically a K records band in a world where everyone else is in Big Black.

regarding rule 21, i was out on the bike on saturday and it was curious to see the number of people also cycling, but wrapped up warm. i'd have died of heatstroke in some of the gear i saw.

There was a hard case Dub who I rode with in NYC. We passed one lad and there was silence until we were about about a mile down the road and then, looking straight ahead, he said "I wonder what the fuck he wears when it gets cold".

I did the raised eyebrows / slightly tilted head concerned nod, and nothing more was said on the matter.

We're some bunch of dickheads. It's pretty funny.

There was a hard case Dub who I rode with in NYC. We passed one lad and there was silence until we were about about a mile down the road and then, looking straight ahead, he said "I wonder what the fuck he wears when it gets cold".

I did the raised eyebrows / slightly tilted head concerned nod, and nothing more was said on the matter.

We're some bunch of dickheads. It's pretty funny.

I've backed off from cycling gear (stupid sexy flanders clothes) unless I'm over about 25km because i really like to actually stop places and eat lunch and look at stuff without getting the stares. Still wince anytime i see someone in denim on a bike though.

I've backed off from cycling gear (stupid sexy flanders clothes) unless I'm over about 25km because i really like to actually stop places and eat lunch and look at stuff without getting the stares. Still wince anytime i see someone in denim on a bike though.

I've been full on going out in jeans lately. I tear the hole out of them suspiciously quickly.

I'm also spending almost all of my time on the bike trying to learn wheelies, manuals, bunny-hops, not the both wheels at the same time one, the front wheel then yoink your back wheel up afterwards ones.

I was watching something on YouTube, Sagan was chatting with some lad who decided he needed to learn wheelies. Sagan replied "eeeeeeeeh... what age are you?"

The guy replied something around the 30 mark.

"eeeeehhh you're over 20.....eeehh you're not learning wheelies", and then he laughed and wheelied off up the hill saying he didn't like cycling up mountains.

So I'm 40 odd. And my kids have already banned me from practicing wheelies around them because of my tendency to fall off.

So: wheelies, in jeans. As a middle aged man.

I once had a five minute conversation about bikes with a lad before he eventually said he had a XTX500 or whatever. I think I really knew feck all about bicycles and he actually knew feck all about motorbikes, but were both afraid of getting caught out.
So we both just went "yeah yeah, of course" to anything the other person said that we didn't understand. For five minutes.

When we realised the misunderstanding, we were both too embarrassed to acknowledge it. So we never spoke again.

Nah. There's a long running cycling joke which revolves around how insanely fetish-ey and picky some cyclists are about bikes. Even to the point of that someone put up a "joke" set of rules called: The Rules. Except it was so close to the mark it wasn't completely clear if it was a joke or not. (The sad truth is that Rule 5 is part of my vocabulary at this point.)

Rule number 10 is actually Rule 2 or 3 in "Training new guys how to carry Steel Deck". Very much was part of my stock of phrases.

In France?

Yes. This was the same time that Google Ireland were putting out press releases about a: nobody was leaving thier homes and b: they would consider 'assisting in the lockdown'

Which I read as don't make us GPS you picks.

In that (which is also this) reality I would consider being a ping on strava asking to be made an example of.

Been going out most days for 20K spins on the bike recently. It started as loops within the 2Km radius and then after a while I decided I wanted to see the sea and cycled to Blackrock. It was glorious. Along with a MUBI subscription it's one of the things that's been keeping me sane for the last two months. Going for walks doesn't really cut it.

Been exploring the new bike lanes/paths they are putting in around the city centre over the last few days too. Promising.

phil gaimon knocked nearly an hour off the everesting record monday before last:

four days later, someone took the record from him.

phil gaimon knocked nearly an hour off the everesting record monday before last:

four days later, someone took the record from him.

weird that he still vomits when he's fit.

Like, I'd vomit or get close if I put in serious anaerobic efforts and the start of the season, or maybe doing intervals. But not once I got fit(er). The vomit thing would go away be replaced by other feelings. Weird. I always assumed that the vomity feeling was a sign of not being able to put in anaerobic efforts. TIL.

he's one fit bastard though. he arrived in dublin last year, and on his first go up howth head from the village knocked 41s off the previous KOM on strava (albeit with a perfect wind).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back