alternatives to amazon (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

For CD's & vinyl. More newish band. Loads out there I know. Maybe a good indie shop, Irish (unlikely) British or european. I've used Discogs a bit, not knowing the postage until after you've commited to buying is a bit shit.
Ebay I rarely use. There's a myth you can get bargin's on ebay, and that's what I found it to be, a myth.

Who would you reccommend? or is resistance futile?

I've used Discogs a bit, not knowing the postage until after you've commited to buying is a bit shit.

Discogs sellers are supposed to have their postage rates in their profile, should be a button to click that usually furnishes you with the information. Granted not everyone does it (I just have a link to An Post's site).

They do in fairness, sometimes the postage is almost as much as the records, which is a bit of a pisser.

It's a pity freebird don't bother with an online shop. I'm only 24 miles away from them, but it would be a good way of checking stock ect....

What's the story with buying from other amazon stores. I'm looking at something at the moment which is €100 cheaper on amazon.de than .ie?

What's the story with buying from other amazon stores. I'm looking at something at the moment which is €100 cheaper on amazon.de than .ie?

Just login on amazon.de and buy it. Check the delivery & taxes (if any) before placing your order. I've bought from amazon france and germany in the past.

Just login on amazon.de and buy it. Check the delivery & taxes (if any) before placing your order. I've bought from amazon france and germany in the past.

I only discovered this on ebay last week. A yoke I was looking at on ebay.ie was going to cost a fortune to ship but google threw up the same titem on the .de version...it was three times cheaper

Never ordered from Canadian Amazon but have never had a problem with the US and Japanese ones. The only annoying thing about the Japanese one is that none of the marketplace sellers will ship outside of Japan.

This is fucking hard

Like the books I want are right there, but I have to burrow through a bunch of other sites that generally don't have them

e.g. I need books 3 & 4 of the Vermonia series
Amazon has them right there, Kennys have only book one, Waterstones have fuck all, Blackwells have bibs and bobs from sellers.

It sucks is what I'm saying

This is fucking hard

Like the books I want are right there, but I have to burrow through a bunch of other sites that generally don't have them

e.g. I need books 3 & 4 of the Vermonia series
Amazon has them right there, Kennys have only book one, Waterstones have fuck all, Blackwells have bibs and bobs from sellers.

It sucks is what I'm saying

3 and 4 are on ebay.

i know this is an old thread but....

- if you want to know the postage from a discogs seller - just message them.

- in my experience postage from the UK is quite expensive but places like
Germany are cheap.
a 2 kg package from Germany still costs less than 10 Euro last time i checked !
that's 6 or maybe 7 LP's.
don't just assume UK postage is cheaper.

a place that gets mentioned regularly on Thumped is - hhv.de

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en

huge record mailorder and shop in Berlin with a very diverse stock of mostly vinyl.
they also sell on discogs.

i know this is an old thread but....

- if you want to know the postage from a discogs seller - just message them.

- in my experience postage from the UK is quite expensive but places like
Germany are cheap.
a 2 kg package from Germany still costs less than 10 Euro last time i checked !
that's 6 or maybe 7 LP's.
don't just assume UK postage is cheaper.

a place that gets mentioned regularly on Thumped is - hhv.de

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en

huge record mailorder and shop in Berlin with a very diverse stock of mostly vinyl.
they also sell on discogs.
any idea if the shop is an actual shop? was over there a couple of years back, searched record stores on google maps one afternoon and saw hhv nearby. Was familiar through discogs. couldn't find it but gave up fairly easily. definitely no clear ground entrance anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back