What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

New Old Man Gloom, for the last 3 days
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw them live once and they were shite, but it’s their own fault to have the arrogance to think you can follow Circle on stage.

It's deadly, although my favorite of his songs are on Fuck Off I Love You, unless I change my mind. Greet The Ground, Witches Willow, You Make A Fine Picture
Great to hear.
Haven't gone beyond the album yet aside from one or two tunes i've heard randomly here and there

I’m pulling out 90s indie records. Listening to a band called Franklin, both the debut Go Kid Go and their ‘99 self-titled album, which are both pretty great, heavy Hoover, Fugazi influence and the latter one is much more dub influenced. I think they both hold up.

Here’s a rare write up Bands That Time Forgot: Franklin - Alternative Press

I used to have this comp they were on

Dont remember what it was like,but your description is pretty much what I'd expect them to be like

More Church of Misery
Cindytalk
Circle
Leonard Cohen
Coil
Jonathan Coleclough
Alice Coltrane
John Coltrane
Compound Eye
Corrupted
Brian Conniffe/Susan Walsh/Diarmuid MacDiarmada
Coum Transmissions
Cowboy Junkies
The Cramps
Crime and the City Solution
Culver-Courtis
Current 93

and Kraftwerk

I dabble occasionally.

They are smirky-preppry grads which I have a lot of trouble shaking.
Yeah, it all depends on whether or not the joke works. Personally, how close they are to the "real musician" stuff like Snarky Puppy or Vulfpeck is what puts me off.

Know Your Enemy, what do you think?
I really like it to be fair.

It's very long, and earnest (obviously). You can dip in and out and it's still going.

I remember when this album was coming out and it was supposed to be them going back to the 'heavy' manics, after the Masses and Found that Soul singles. But looking back now, it's only two albums since the Holy Bible. They had different plans than a thick like me. James clearly just loves music and songs.

Once I got over my old distaste for the This Is My Truth singles at the start of this project, I am totally back on board with the lads and they are my friends and I love them. Wherever these next albums go I will be behind them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back