the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

I pity the hours of your life you’ll feel like murdering all those pricks on the phone.

Thoughts and prayers for you man
I have given up. I lost the will to fight and will now spend 3 – 4 hours of my weekend travelling out to a DPD depot in some godforsaken industrial park in a suburb of outer London to pick up my phone because these pricks can’t get their act together to deliver it to an alternative address. Burn it all down.

Interesting. However, I'll fight anyone who says Ryanair is bad. Funny this guy mentioned that in the first paragraph yet wanted to plan his entire holiday travelling with them.

Also they launched a new website last summer. Not so what he did would still work, though it might.

Interesting. However, I'll fight anyone who says Ryanair is bad. Funny this guy mentioned that in the first paragraph yet wanted to plan his entire holiday travelling with them.

Also they launched a new website last summer. Not so what he did would still work, though it might.
Ryanair is bad.

how so? My experiences of bringing the bike with them has been far better than their green-liveried competition.

Ryanair and a few others specify a bike box. If you are actually going on a cycling holiday this is the stupidest thing on the planet. What the fuck do I do with a box for two weeks while i cycle round foreign?

Aer Lingus when I went specified taking off the pedals, taping cardboard over the pointy bits. I basically was able to travel with a pedal spanner and some packing tape and just harvested small strips of cardboard at shops two hours before the flights.

Any airline that presumes you want to carry a massive box or bag around as part of a cycling holiday is just stupid.

Ryanair and a few others specify a bike box. If you are actually going on a cycling holiday this is the stupidest thing on the planet. What the fuck do I do with a box for two weeks while i cycle round foreign?

Aer Lingus when I went specified taking off the pedals, taping cardboard over the pointy bits. I basically was able to travel with a pedal spanner and some packing tape and just harvested small strips of cardboard at shops two hours before the flights.

Any airline that presumes you want to carry a massive box or bag around as part of a cycling holiday is just stupid.
hah, fair enough if you're happy to risk it. Personally I always pack the bike in a box, but then I usually do my cycling from a single base, when on a cycling holiday.

I didn't know that about ryanair, but I wouldn't stick my bike in a cardboard box myself personally, so would neither hold it against them, nor does it affect me.

Ryanair allow an extra 5kg packed with the bag than aer lingus do. For me, that's more important. Aer lingus aren't as big as sticklers over weight as ryanair, but 5kg would be pushing it.

If Ryanair was great everyone who works for them wouldn't be gunning to jump ship to a decent airline as soon as possible.

hah, fair enough if you're happy to risk it.

Honestly I wasn't in the slightest bit worried, its wayy harder for the throwers to emphatically fuck an unpacked bike into thin air than it is to throw a box. for me its the difference between going and not going. Weight wise, well I'm a cyclist, everything weighs three grams and I probably sanded it down the night before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back