Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

AEW Dynamite verdict in the form of a wrestling chant - 'that was inoffensive and grand for the most part *clap clap clap clap clap*'. An easy watch. Jim Ross didn't sound like he was half-dead and Tony Schiavone just sounds right and like he belongs. I'll stick with it as I have the time and I last regularly watched a weekly wrestling show in 2001.

I only watched Cole vs Riddle from NXT and that was loads of fun.

Haven't watched NXT yet as I'm doing a last minute late shift this evening. I liked the AEW show and agreed on Schiavone! But as I said on Twitter, bringing in a MAGA arsehole like Jack Swagger is a problem for a supposedly inclusive promotion, since inclusivity precludes including fascists.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The best thing Billy Corgan has produced since that Zwan album. I absolutely loved this show. It's a pity Billy has apparently said it's basically not financially sustainable to keep producing it for distribution only on YouTube and they need some partner to help our or else it'll be toast.

Just home from Japan so here is what wrestling I managed to catch. I would've loved to have done more but next time maybe!

Gatoh Move at Ichigaya Chocolate Square was everything I had hoped for and more after seeing gifs of the promotion recently. This video is from the show I was at. The crowd was myself and my girlfriend, one guy from Finland, maybe five Japanese women and then about fifty Japanese men. The show lasted an hour an was followed up with promos, wrestlers serving tea and shaking hands with everyone attending and then some song and dance routines. Emi Sakura (currently wrestling for AEW) runs it and explains bits and pieces of what is going on in English for any tourists attending.

NOAH at Korakuen Hall on a Sunday morning was a bit of nothing show building up a bigger event apart from a proper hard hitting strong style match with Go Shiozaki who was one of the only wrestlers on the show I'd heard of. There was blood drawn from so many chops.

YMZ's Gokigen Mania was another Korakuen Hall show to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kaori Yoneyama. I only went because it was the only show on that evening but it was great. The only wrestlers I knew were Riho, Mei Suruga (from seeing her at Gatoh Move) and Aja Kong. This was loads of fun and ended with all the wrestlers playing musical chairs and statues. No regrets.

I've had some episodes of The Wrestlers from Vice recorded for ages but only just got around to watching one the other night. It was the one focusing on lucha libre and wrestlers like Rey Fenix (and other less well known guys) trying to get visas to go to cross the border and become a star in the US. I wasn't expecting much from it but it was actually really entertaining. The vids might be geo-blocked but i definitely recommend watching if you can find a way.

I've had some episodes of The Wrestlers from Vice recorded for ages but only just got around to watching one the other night. It was the one focusing on lucha libre and wrestlers like Rey Fenix (and other less well known guys) trying to get visas to go to cross the border and become a star in the US. I wasn't expecting much from it but it was actually really entertaining. The vids might be geo-blocked but i definitely recommend watching if you can find a way.

Forgot about that series, thanks for the reminder. I have my ways...

Anyone see this? Based on the true story of Paige apparently.
I wanted to hate it, because it's definitely not as funny as it thought it was, but I was actually quite entertained...

Anyone see this? Based on the true story of Paige apparently.
I wanted to hate it, because it's definitely not as funny as it thought it was, but I was actually quite entertained...

Watched it the other day. It is only very loosely based on Paige's story (it annoyed me a lot that the film portrays her as some scrub coming out to silence on Raw, when in reality she already had a sizeable fanbase, was known to the crowd and was instantly popular). But anyway. Florence Pugh is really good in it, and the family banter is really well done, it feels effortless in a way you don't get in comedies these days.

I watched this match the other night and it was spectacular from start to finish. It seemed really familiar so I must've watched it before but a quick search later and it looks like if I did then I didn't post about it. Apart from the brutality and cool moves you've also got Jesse Ventura and Jim Ross on commentary with Jesse raging that the Japanese car industry is screwing over the American card industry. Glorious.

Also despite the many flaws which will probably always be there AEW is really fun these days.

That match is on the first WCW tape I ever got, which was rated 15 so I cajoled by grandad into buying it for me at the Virgin Megastore.

Also, it’s pretty wild to compare the Takayuki Iizuka of that match with what he’d become as Takashi Iizuka, with the iron glove and dog leash and whatnot.

so it's a free month or what?

Think they've just unlocked loads of content for the forseeable future in the absence of proper new programming!

You just have to sign into your account to watch.

New series of Dark Side of the Ring has started on Vice. Benoit is the first two episodes. I don't know when I'm going to be able to bring myself to watch those. Should be on YouTube somewhere or via VPN on Vice US website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back