BREXIT (10 Viewers)

This election is nonsense and the tactical voting campaign is a symptom of everything that is wrong with an adversarial parliament.

A big tent party shouldn't really represent more than 30% of the electorate - otherwise too much power goes to their executives. When you're voting, the political system should allow you to vote for candidates who best represent your community and your political views. The electoral system then has to construct a parliament from these choices. It has never worked this way in Britain and I'd argue that Britain doesn't have a proper parliamentary democracy.

All that said I don't think Johnson will win enough of a majority to get this Withdrawal Agreement passed and I suspect a referendum will be held. The mandate from the 2016 referendum is going out of date.

Boris/Tories having a crap campaign so far. Corbs/Labour looking strong but I fear the right wing press and the AS smears have done irreversible damage. Plus the British public are pretty stupid and love to lick the boot.

Whatever about the Brits our days of being a moderately less stupid yardstick are countable with these right wing instigators rallying people against the people seeking asylum.

Yeah. There's a quote knocking around along the lines of: you can get a decent cohort of people to vote for clearly damaging policies, as long as you make it clear that The Darkies are going to get singled out and shafted EXTRA hard.

Has there been a shift in the way the media are covering all things Tory party? There seems to be a lot more criticism now than I've seen in a long time

Has there been a shift in the way the media are covering all things Tory party? There seems to be a lot more criticism now than I've seen in a long time

The BBC was always a solid Tory stronghold. Not in a Fox News way obviously, more in a "Aww that's nice Labour :) Now, let's see what the grownups have to say"

If the BBC starts hammering Tories on a couple of points that have no non gangster defense then they might have changed. Eg why they won't Tories let anybody see the results of the Russian interference investigation?
Why have Russians have decided they need to dump cash on Torys, Boris Johnson's Conservative party has received a surge in cash from Russian donors

How does the statement from Rees Mogg saying that the people in Grenfall who died listening to the emergency services demands to stay in place were thick sit with them? and so on.

If unforgivable shit like that gets buried, if they happen to have panelists on talking about Labour hating teh Jews, then it's business as usual.

The BBC was always a solid Tory stronghold. Not in a Fox News way obviously, more in a "Aww that's nice Labour :) Now, let's see what the grownups have to say"

100%

Drunk conference Ann Post may have mentioned this to a BBC once or twice and found out that they aren't even really aware they are doing it.

And right on cue the smears against corbyn begin!
What are they saying? I can't be bothered checking Hadley Freeman's twitter account

If the BBC starts hammering Tories on a couple of points that have no non gangster defense then they might have changed. Eg why they won't Tories let anybody see the results of the Russian interference investigation?
Why have Russians have decided they need to dump cash on Torys, Boris Johnson's Conservative party has received a surge in cash from Russian donors

How does the statement from Rees Mogg saying that the people in Grenfall who died listening to the emergency services demands to stay in place were thick sit with them? and so on.

If unforgivable shit like that gets buried, if they happen to have panelists on talking about Labour hating teh Jews, then it's business as usual.
There was this going around yesterday,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not that familiar with Kay Burley, I know the day before I saw a video of her sniping at a labour politician so I assume being dismissive to people is her thing, but Sky News taking strong shots at the conservative party surprised me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back