What gig didn't you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

King Khan on Saturday night, he missed the ferry, so the gig was cancelled, and the support (Ye Nuns), played for free instead, which was good fun. But then he got the later ferry, and played at midnight in the Underground for free, while I was around the corner quaffing ales. Didn't see the promoters tweet about it until the following morning. Sadface.jpg

I went and saw a bit of Ye Nuns, but I've had this cold and was feeling shit so went home. Then a mate told me he was making it over and playing the underground later on, but the cold was just getting worse and I was just feeling shitter so I couldn't leave the house again. Still trying to shake that fucking cold.

I had every intention of going to see The Atrix tonight,only it was last night. I had seen it mentioned somewhere ages ago but had forgotten the venue and was looking for that only to find it was last night.

Took a fair bit of looking to find what format the reissue is on too ( CD with vinyl to follow it turns out)

Ah well,if they were good I hope they play again

was at UBU.
four piece band (no bass). they opened with 'Heart Of Darkness'
but after only played latter day material.
David Thomas did a lot of narration/explainations between all the songs
and was very affable, often citing Chandler/Marlowe.
sound was good and i could hear all his words (often a problem at Dublin gigs).
the guy on electronics was amazing (no theremin though).
really enjoyed this and David and band hung around merch table for good while after.
unfortunately David health was very concerning. he had a hard time getting up the
steps to the stage and mentioned having been clinically dead twice in last three years.
he's a tough cookie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back