Iggy Pop and The Stooges-Dublin castle (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
I agree 100%. I ain't going to miss iggy and the ashtons playing together, even if it is in a supposedly crappy venue. Could well be shit, but I wanna be there and see if its shit for myself.

Dixer said:
Anyway, to all those sayin' you aint goin' I say *Fuck* that yo.
Stooges is the Stooges is the business.

Robbie Analog said:
I agree 100%. I ain't going to miss iggy and the ashtons playing together, even if it is in a supposedly crappy venue. Could well be shit, but I wanna be there and see if its shit for myself.
half the charm of the stooges is that they *are* "shit" musicians by "conventional" standards. see also crazy horse.

last time Ig played dublin he stagedived and someone stole his shoe! and he demanded it back!! its a far cry from the stooges versus the hells angels back in the day, when deaththreats were issueD and coins, ice and glass were flying towards the stage...

the saddo in me for a second went: maybe J will be there! he's mike watts friend! maybe they will support th... then i copped on

not going now...

I never mentioned the word shit in terms of playing did I?? More to do with the fact that it is in Dublin Castle where the sound is meant to be terrible, surrounded by saps who will just be shouting for lust for life, and with iggy playing new/obvious stuff. I mean if they play shit like death trip and I'm not there to see it, I will be a lot more pissed of than if I go and it sucks.

loner deluxe said:
half the charm of the stooges is that they *are* "shit" musicians by "conventional" standards.

Anyone remember Iggy at MTV awards in Dublin few years ago? He was a total shambles. Failed stage dive, lost his shoes, puttin them back on.. ha! He lost it decades ago.

Anybody remember some incident at Iggy's last Dublin gig where apparently the Corr's were in the audience with Corr no 1 wearing a (presumably ironic) New York Dolls T-shirt or some shit and Iggy attacked her for it or some shit?
I wasn't there and this could all be lies.
On the subject of Ironic rock t-shirts. Dudes who wear Suit jackets over Ramones/AC/DC/Etc t-shirts, probably with sun glasses, shaved heads optional, fuck off. Forever.

Dixer said:
Dave Alexander was the one time bassist as yet unmentioned above.
and he's not in them now because he's dead.
I'm sure i'll be going but I'm also sure I won't be blown away. however I've heard from people who saw them in america that they have been pretty good.

Dixer said:
On the subject of Ironic rock t-shirts. Dudes who wear Suit jackets over Ramones/AC/DC/Etc t-shirts, probably with sun glasses, shaved heads optional, fuck off. Forever.
i didn't know urban outfitters/topman sold Ramones/AC-DC t-shirts? I blame MC5 for selling their logo to levis....

I was at this and remember being delighted to see Mike Watt on stage with the Asheton’s and the leathery man. It was alright all told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back